Chinese takeaways

Magic Wok (New Herrington) opens again next Wednesday.
This is my go to since I moved to the wrong side of the river all the way up to Chilton moor tried a few and all were shite compared to liking, but magic wok might be better. Have to say on the whole pizza dial and magic wok beat owt from the other side of the water.

I never use just eat or owt but this was direct from their website like. Everything just seemed a couple of quid more expensive than where we normally go. Seems daft busy still so obviously isn't harming them.

Anyway, we haven't bothered getting one as will no doubt be going our ends at Magic Wok when it opens again next week.
It's opening this weekend but you'll have to use big foodie if you want one then.
Actually just checked and you can pay cash on delivery if you prefer to order direct.

Last edited:
Never understood the appeal of them like. They just seem like a dumping ground for all the side dishes, chips, rice, noodles, spring rolls, sauce, it's all the cheap carbs stuffed together with next to no actual meat dishes in them. And they rattle them out for 15 quid or whatever, they'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

Aye, the only meat in them was the ribs and bits of chicken. Rip off really

Broadway Wok has been our Chinese of choice - order by phone, take correct money, social distance in the shop - jobs a goodun.

Our lass has been making her own salt and pepper chips. They're crap but I just eat them and pretend they are nice for an easy life.
There’s was some packet stuff available from B&Ms or Home Bargains which was supposed to be the dogs bollocks, I gave up looking for it after it appeared in the news and loads went crazy for it.
Magic Wok (New Herrington) opens again next Wednesday.
Yeeeeeee-f***ing-hhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Last edited:
New Rendezvous in Ponteland opened up for takeaway again - ridiculously expensive (about £40 for two soup, two starters and one main) but the food is amazing.

Back