Chinese takeaways

The one I used tonight has a 5 star food hygiene rating and I picked it up myself from their carefully controlled pick up location in which they have installed full-length screens.

Horses for courses young 'un.
very good- glad to hear it- still microwave the rice though.
Many British chinese were over in Hong Kong for C N Y and have family on the main land and know how bad the virus can be. As a rule they can be very careful people financially but were still very reluctant to re-open. The wealthy ones will not open for a long time yet.

Been struggling to source one open during the lockdown and really got a hankering for one now. Was driving past the Barnes the other day and noticed Hong Kong Wok is back open but they seem to have ramped up the prices somewhat. Was this place always pricier than the norm or are they playing the arsehole? Haway Magic Wok, if you are reading this pull your fingers out.

Hong Kong Wok has always been slightly pricier. Avoid using websites like Just-Eat and just ring them to save a canny bit. It's the only Chinese we go to now, absolutely lusharona.

Hong Kong Wok has always been slightly pricier. Avoid using websites like Just-Eat and just ring them to save a canny bit. It's the only Chinese we go to now, absolutely lusharona.
I never use just eat or owt but this was direct from their website like. Everything just seemed a couple of quid more expensive than where we normally go. Seems daft busy still so obviously isn't harming them.

Anyway, we haven't bothered getting one as will no doubt be going our ends at Magic Wok when it opens again next week.

Last edited:
I never use just eat or owt but this was direct from their website like. Everything just seemed a couple of quid more expensive than where we normally go. Seems daft busy still so obviously isn't harming them.

Anyway, we haven't bothered getting one as will no doubt be going our ends at Magic Wok when it opens again next week.

Fair play, if you change your mind, we usually find one main dish, two sides and free prawn crackers is enough for the two of us, usually costs about £13 delivered.

exactly same here. Couldn’t get one in shields so got an orangegrass Thai. Was spot on.
Aye me too. Red dragon is shut, or would have had a Chinese from there.

Not had a bad one from orangegrass like, and a kid I used to go to school with sometimes delivers for them so I have a natter.

Last edited:

£4.40 for salt n chilli chips! Robbing bastards.

Aye me too. Red dragon is shut, or would have had a Chinese from there.

Not had a bad one from orangegrass like, and a kid I used to go to school with sometimes delivers for them so I have a natter.

never had a red dragon before, any good ? We’ve started using the lucky Chinese on Fowler st which is great.
Orangegrass is superb. You pay a few quid more but the stir fry beef with peppers and chilli is out of this world.

never had a red dragon before, any good ? We’ve started using the lucky Chinese on Fowler st which is great.
Orangegrass is superb. You pay a few quid more but the stir fry beef with peppers and chilli is out of this world.
Aye lovely, definitely recommend.

Had deep fried king prawns with sweet chilli and roast chicken breast in some sauce or the other. V nice.

I had 1 of those Chinese pizza boxes the scratters get last week. Was crap
Never understood the appeal of them like. They just seem like a dumping ground for all the side dishes, chips, rice, noodles, spring rolls, sauce, it's all the cheap carbs stuffed together with next to no actual meat dishes in them. And they rattle them out for 15 quid or whatever, they'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

Back