Chinese like British Take Away

Churchlanelad

Central Defender
Read this on the BBC news this morning.

A fish and chip shop in North Yorkshire has translated its menu into Mandarin and Cantonese to cope with an influx of Chinese tourists.
Scotts Fish and Chips near York has seen coachloads of visitors wanting to try the traditional dish.
The passion for the chippy has been put down to the fish and chips Chinese president Xi Jinping shared with then Prime Minister David Cameron in 2015.
Manager Roxy Vasai said more than 100 Chinese tourists were visiting a week.
Staff said dining at the chippy was a real occasion for the visitors, with many taking photographs with employees both inside and outside the restaurant on the A64 at Bilbrough Top.
Ms Vasai said: "We look out for a coach and when they're coming we shout 'they're here, there are 20, 30, 40, let's make it ready for them'.
"We are very impressed by the Chinese tourists. They are very friendly, smiley and happy."
As well as translating the menu, the restaurant has launched a website and a messaging app on one of China's most popular social media platforms to promote the business.
Will Zhuang, ambassador for Make It York, an organisation which promotes the city, said many Chinese visitors had been influenced by their president sampling a fish and chip supper during his visit to the UK in 2015.
He added that because of this many Chinese tour operators had added the "fish and chip experience" to their itineraries.
York is already a popular destination for tourists from East Asia, with China estimated to be the city's second largest overseas market.

Great bunch of lads and lasses!

It was like this in Windermere last week.

I had to battle through the crowds to get some fish and chips. They had the restaurants full. Sure the owner wasn’t complaining but the staff looked destroyed with the relentless stream of Chinese tourists and the vacant look they got when they asked if they wanted S&V.

What I think you misunderstood about that was the dish that Jamie had created isn’t anything like the traditional Caribbean dish he was claiming it was.

He tried to invent jerk rice :lol::lol:

It's just a holiday novelty, as they weren't all down the chippy or even having F&C off the pub menus when I lived in China. Be probably like when we took the Vietnamese out for them, they all wanted to go, they got their photos taken in the chippy and sat eating a few bites out of the paper, photos finished, then they threw them all in the bin, except a few polite ones who struggled through to the end.

I saw a Chinese lass walking through the bridges a couple of months ago eating a greggs sausage roll.

Let no one say they don't integrate.

They all eat boiled meat and watery soup over there man, that's why they all live to 100. A fish deep fried in batter with a load of chips will be an absolute taste sensation. You see all the Uni students, turn up svelte, and by the time they have finished their course they are all about five clem heavier and addicted to pizza, fillet 'o fish and Monster energy drinks and they gan home looking like Batfink's mate.

Back