China Taiwan war

It's hard to won on away soil which is exactly why China will massively struggle to take Taiwan even without direct help from the USA.

Taiwan have a better military than Ukraine and have been preparing for this for a long time and add to that they are an island which makes it far harder to take over.

I think China trying to take them will lock them into a long drawn out shithouse of a battle just like the Russians are finding. Ultimately coming down to attrition and how long the invaded can hold out without western supplies.

China seem to be struggling financially like the rest of the world and have their own problems on the mainland so whilst I think this will happen they really need to be careful when they go for it.

Japan will be watching all this with glee as they have their own land disputes with both China and Russia and will likely pounce of they feel either state is weakened enough. China also have a land dispute with India and could find themselves feeling pressure on all sides if they piss enough people off.

As for US losing to Afghanistan and Vietnam, it really does come down to what they wanted to achieve. They were never going to take over either country nor did they try. Afghanista was a resources war which they achieved and Vietnam was a proxy war on communism which you can also say they achieved (though both of these victory's were short term things).
All fair points in a well written post.

Rather than being obsessed about money and power, killing fellow humans in the process, wouldn't it be great if all humans could just work together and fix the issues we all face as a species?

All that money spent on death and destruction of our species, other species and the planet. Thousands of billions over the years. It could have gone on useful stuff.
Thought that was a Bill Hicks quote for a minute there

China are inserting themselves into the economies of many developing countries by offering them loans that are too good to say no to, but that they default on anyways, and then China takes strategic assets as payment.

Case in point, that port in Sri Lanka. Paid for by Chinese money, with Chinese workers, and when Sri Lanka defaulted on the loans for it, the Chinese took it over.

They’re getting involved as a financier in several African nations and doubtless they have the same intentions.

What makes you think it was intentional? China invested in two major infrastructure projects which were mutually beneficial to Sri Lanka and to China's Belt & Road initiative. Sri Lanka defaulted because of later political upheaval when the country slid into chaos.

These countries turn to China because the West either isn't prepared to take the risk or because the IMF and World Bank want to impose conditions that won't swing with the governments and/or their people.

I consider them a threat to the western world because of their shocking record on human rights and democracy, and their expansionist ideas.

Trying to take over the the South China Sea, crushing democracy in Hong Kong, next it’ll be Taiwan, then where?

We thought Hitler would stop with Czechoslovakia remember?
As if we genuinely care about Human Rights. There was a dream after the war but we've shown time and again that we're willing to overlook them when it suits. Once the west won the cold war it was assumed the rest of the world would fall into line and gradually become liberal democracies in one guise or another.

Where it wasn't happening, we've an interventionist policy to enforce regime change in the hopes it could be forced on the populations. For some reason that's not considered expansionist or infringing on state sovereignty.

you could argue that economic interdependence like this is one of the reasons why the invasion in Taiwan hasn’t happened yet.
That was the core tenet of liberalism, world peace achieved through global interdependence on trade.

China are inserting themselves into the economies of many developing countries by offering them loans that are too good to say no to, but that they default on anyways, and then China takes strategic assets as payment.

Case in point, that port in Sri Lanka. Paid for by Chinese money, with Chinese workers, and when Sri Lanka defaulted on the loans for it, the Chinese took it over.

They’re getting involved as a financier in several African nations and doubtless they have the same intentions.

I consider them a threat to the western world because of their shocking record on human rights and democracy, and their expansionist ideas.

Trying to take over the the South China Sea, crushing democracy in Hong Kong, next it’ll be Taiwan, then where?

We thought Hitler would stop with Czechoslovakia remember?

It’s a jump from “insider trading” to “evil”.

Logon or register to see this image

You allege she’s been “making policies” but until January 2021, Democrats weren’t able to make any policies, as the Republicans controlled the Senate and the WH.
Is that what I said? apologies, not what I meant…appreciate you pulling me up on that though.

The Chinese have a completely different mindset compared to the West. I worked there for the best part of 10 years. They do whatever they want, for the benefit of China. NO respect for human life.

I was in a meeting years ago with a Chinese seismic company in Zhuo Zhou City, the meeting was interrupted and someone came in to tell one of the people in the meeting that one of their crews had all been killed in an accident, including tow 14 year olds. His reaction: when can we start the survey?

Welcome to China

Last edited:
The Chinese have a completely different mindset compared to the West. I worked there for the best part of 10 years. They do whatever they want, for the benefit of China. NO respect for human life.

I was in a meeting years ago with a Chinese seismic company in Zhuo Zhou City, the meeting was interrupted and someone came in to tell one of the people in the meeting that one of their crews had all been killed in an accident, including tow 14 year olds. His reaction: when can we start the survey?
Thats the impression you get of them, i bet that was a shock.

Welcome to China
I'm coming up to ten years now. I've been in Shandong the whole time. Where did you live? Prior to arriving I checked out Shandong, it's in the NE of China.

"That's perfect" I said, at the time. So for sentimental reasons I started here. I've got friends in other provinces, they report back it's not much better, just more of the same.

I'm quite happy here though and have a decent work/life balance.
With regards to Human Rights, yeh they don't care. Why would you when there are 1.4 billion people stinking up the place. 100 years ago it was more like 400 million. They are very Family oriented (not that we aren't) and people outside the family are NPC's. You can like them, hate them, doesn't matter they are not family. Shandong is full of peasants that have been relocated to the cities and....yeh they,ve certainly made a contribution haha in dragging the place down. Feral, gypsies..poverty makes people desperate and they are certainly that. I see "bin dippers" everyday. Raiding the bins for recyclables. My community is middle class. They don't need to raid the bins but grandma can't help it haha she used to travel miles to raid bins of other towns in order to survive. "Bin wars" Oi! this is my patch, you fuck-off and riad your won bins, don't come here. that's how things were and still are. Bins are a valuable resource over here.

But 'Perception' means everything here too. Even if it's fake. "China economy is strong" well, my friend. It's been a bad year and it's going to get worse and it's also affecting my life here. It didn't before but it is now.
After Japan’s defeat in World War II, Japan relinquished control of Taiwan and the government of the Republic of China (ROC), led by Chiang Kai-shek’s Chinese Nationalist Party (KMT), re-established Chinese control over the island. After the Chinese Communistsdefeated ROC government forces in the Chinese Civil War (1945-1949), the KMT-led ROC regime retreated to Taiwan and established the island as a base of operations to fight back to the Chinese mainland.

The new People’s Republic of China (PRC) government on the mainland, led by Mao Zedong, began preparations to “liberate” Taiwan by military force. This began a period of Taiwan’s de facto political independence from the Chinese mainland which continues today.

I kinda paraphrased the history to suit the SMB.

It seems people won’t read long posts or focus effectively on detail so my post was therefore brief, snappy, and tabloid like.

Apologies for any confusion my irreverent post caused.
You can't say "Chiang Kai-shek" over here. Never happened and isn't taught in schools apparently.

The KMT were pushed further south by Mr Mass Murderer and were overwhelmed. They were also (The KMT) reported to have committed hideous acts following the end of WW2. Mass killings, clearing out the crap you might say, in their opinion.

Unfortunately, like Japan, Korea. The 'allowed' culture is one that promotes cuteness, innocence and naivety. Easily controllable by the governments.

When I was growing up in the UK it was all about sex. "sex sells" etc etc Everything marketed and centered around sex..

The UK isn't the UK any more and hasn't been since the 80s (looking at you Margaret Thatcher) She got the ball rolling, silly bitch.

It's an American puppet state, it's been annexed.

Last edited:
It's hard to won on away soil which is exactly why China will massively struggle to take Taiwan even without direct help from the USA.

Taiwan have a better military than Ukraine and have been preparing for this for a long time and add to that they are an island which makes it far harder to take over.

I think China trying to take them will lock them into a long drawn out shithouse of a battle just like the Russians are finding. Ultimately coming down to attrition and how long the invaded can hold out without western supplies.

China seem to be struggling financially like the rest of the world and have their own problems on the mainland so whilst I think this will happen they really need to be careful when they go for it.

Japan will be watching all this with glee as they have their own land disputes with both China and Russia and will likely pounce of they feel either state is weakened enough. China also have a land dispute with India and could find themselves feeling pressure on all sides if they piss enough people off.

As for US losing to Afghanistan and Vietnam, it really does come down to what they wanted to achieve. They were never going to take over either country nor did they try. Afghanista was a resources war which they achieved and Vietnam was a proxy war on communism which you can also say they achieved (though both of these victory's were short term things).
I’ve said it a couple of times on here. With Taiwan being a small island, China can hit every target they want without having to gain any ground.

Yes, they will likely have to invade at a ground level unless China cause enough damage to force Taiwan to give up. Even if Taiwan fight till the end, China can cause a lot of damage and while invading at ground level will have tons of cover from the sea still, at almost every point of the island
Is that what I said? apologies, not what I meant…appreciate you pulling me up on that though.
She is privy to a lot of details and it can definitely be questioned that she has an edge

5 missiles have landed in the Japanese economic zone

The US are undoing the strong stance they made with the visit. The US seemed to be handling it really well, but now have either realized they poked the bear or they realize they can’t really help Taiwan
Edit: I didn’t mean to post the same link.

The new headline is US urges China not to ‘overreact’ to Pelosi visit.

Last edited:
Get the feeling China also have another all fart and nee shite military like the Russians.
100%. They’ve got all the gear and nee idea. As much as I hate us going in to wars that are unnecessary, Warfare moves on at an alarming rate and we’re very current compared to them. I will say some of their military tech is pretty impressive, they’ve got something called the ‘Great Underwater Wall of China’ which is designed to track and monitor submarine, surface, and aerial activity within their waters and allegedly even detect movement from the US Naval Base in Guam. They’re more in to their cyber warfare than actual warfare for moment, but I still wouldn’t like to get in a fight with them.

Welcome to China
Well said.

I've been out there three times myself. On an individual, family level they want the best for their families and children.

As soon as you throw money into the equation, that is first and foremost their priority and the loss of a few lives doesn't matter as long as their profits are maintained.

They make the Tories look saintly. Communism out there is just a label. I'd call it heartless "Capitalism with Chinese characteristics" to pinch a phrase.

We all need to stop buying cheap shite from China, then they would not be the threat that they are.
Our universities dedicate huge amounts of themselves to educate and train the Chinese to outcompete the West. Selling our knowledge for a quick profit. That needs clamping down upon aswell. Worse again some institutes have been infiltrated by Chinese government agents.
She’s evil like, it’ll have nothing to do whatsoever with any insider trading, nothing at all. Absolutely not. She or her husband will gain nothing from this, definitely not……

Maybe ‘we’ need to stop trying to control every country on the planet and turn them into capitalist/consumerist markets. Maybe then there would be no threats at all on the planet.
Yep, this is our fault. :rolleyes:

^^This is part of the problem. Large parts of the West are self-hating and actively doing down their own institutions and traditions. The Chinese etc can sense the weakness.
I'm coming up to ten years now. I've been in Shandong the whole time. Where did you live? Prior to arriving I checked out Shandong, it's in the NE of China.

"That's perfect" I said, at the time. So for sentimental reasons I started here. I've got friends in other provinces, they report back it's not much better, just more of the same.

I'm quite happy here though and have a decent work/life balance.
With regards to Human Rights, yeh they don't care. Why would you when there are 1.4 billion people stinking up the place. 100 years ago it was more like 400 million. They are very Family oriented (not that we aren't) and people outside the family are NPC's. You can like them, hate them, doesn't matter they are not family. Shandong is full of peasants that have been relocated to the cities and....yeh they,ve certainly made a contribution haha in dragging the place down. Feral, gypsies..poverty makes people desperate and they are certainly that. I see "bin dippers" everyday. Raiding the bins for recyclables. My community is middle class. They don't need to raid the bins but grandma can't help it haha she used to travel miles to raid bins of other towns in order to survive. "Bin wars" Oi! this is my patch, you fuck-off and riad your won bins, don't come here. that's how things were and still are. Bins are a valuable resource over here.

But 'Perception' means everything here too. Even if it's fake. "China economy is strong" well, my friend. It's been a bad year and it's going to get worse and it's also affecting my life here. It didn't before but it is now.

You can't say "Chiang Kai-shek" over here. Never happened and isn't taught in schools apparently.

The KMT were pushed further south by Mr Mass Murderer and were overwhelmed. They were also (The KMT) reported to have committed hideous acts following the end of WW2. Mass killings, clearing out the crap you might say, in their opinion.

Unfortunately, like Japan, Korea. The 'allowed' culture is one that promotes cuteness, innocence and naivety. Easily controllable by the governments.

When I was growing up in the UK it was all about sex. "sex sells" etc etc Everything marketed and centered around sex..

The UK isn't the UK any more and hasn't been since the 80s (looking at you Margaret Thatcher) She got the ball rolling, silly bitch.

It's an American puppet state, it's been annexed.
Do the Chinese bin dippers boo their national anthem as well?

Last edited:
100%. They’ve got all the gear and nee idea. As much as I hate us going in to wars that are unnecessary, Warfare moves on at an alarming rate and we’re very current compared to them. I will say some of their military tech is pretty impressive, they’ve got something called the ‘Great Underwater Wall of China’ which is designed to track and monitor submarine, surface, and aerial activity within their waters and allegedly even detect movement from the US Naval Base in Guam. They’re more in to their cyber warfare than actual warfare for moment, but I still wouldn’t like to get in a fight with them.

Every major war is often started on miscalculations overly optimistic assumptions wherein the belligerent grossly underestimates their opponents. It's a trend which is undeniable throughout history.

From Napoleon's invasion of Russia, to Hitler's invasion of the USSR, to the Kaiser's invasion of France, to Saddam's invasion of Iran, and of course to Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

War seldom goes according to plan.

Back