China make significant breakthrough in computing

What everyday life products could arise from this?

We've come such a long way in the last 50 year with medical science breakthroughs, TV, internet etc. Tbf we're probably due another disruptive technology/technological leap because the smart phone was about a decade ago.

Last edited:
They are also locked what might be a new space race.

Both of them are aiming to build human bases on the moon by 2030. Pay attention what NASA and China are saying.

This newest moon probe by China is a preparatory step. Exciting stuff to be honest, especially given most of us never lived through the first one.

Last edited:

We've come such a long way in the last 50 year with medical science breakthroughs, TV, internet etc. Tbf we're probably due another disruptive technology/technological leap because the smart phone was about a decade ago.

I used to teach English abroad and by pot luck I was allocated to the head of Samsung's Polish offices in Warsaw. I had free reign on topics to discuss so I asked him exactly this question or something along those lines. He said the thing that will be big within the next 20 years is what is currently termed 'the Internet of things'. I've tried to read up on it loads but I still don't really get it. The guy who I had lessons with explained it like it's the Internet for computers themselves so that computers can communicate with one another for the benefit of humans.

He gave an example of a household set up where everything works around our behaviour and how machinery and computers work with one another. For example, when you come home from work your electrical devices operate automatically in a way that they have become accustomed to from reading your daily habits. I guess it's like a very advanced smart home set up.

What I really remember is that he said the 'Internet of things' will make contemporary products look antiquated and obsolete in an unprecedentedly short timescale.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think we are getting towards general AI/brain in a jar/uploading consciousness/merging with machines territory. We have taken the TV remote as far as it can go outside of being merged with the human brain.

The Matrix is on its way :cool:

Well that’s all encryption buggered, GCHQ don’t like this....

This will arise, from this...

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:

Back