Children in Need

The Poppy situation is getting more out of hand every year. it's almost a competition now to be seen to be the most Poppyish person there.
The David Squires on football and the poppy is spot on.
This is this year's cartoon
was on a snooker forum last week and some clown was asking why the left handed players were wearing the poppies on the right side instead of the left. When it was pointed out to him that it was obviously because they would hinder their cue action if worn in the normal place he went on a big rant about how they shouldnt get a special dispensation for not wearing the poppy correctly because they're left handed!
He went strangely quiet when I posted a quote from the British Legion saying there is no "right" way of wearing the poppy once its worn with respect.

was on a snooker forum last week and some clown was asking why the left handed players were wearing the poppies on the right side instead of the left. When it was pointed out to him that it was obviously because they would hinder their cue action if worn in the normal place he went on a big rant about how they shouldnt get a special dispensation for not wearing the poppy correctly because they're left handed!
He went strangely quiet when I posted a quote from the British Legion saying there is no "right" way of wearing the poppy once its worn with respect.
i saw some soldiers on sunday in the parade wearing them pinned to their hats.

I always give generously every year. I've decided not to bother anymore starting from this year. Its my personal choice and if people don't like it, tough.

But why ?
It changes nothing. The economy is broke and ran by highly corrupt people - money could easily be diverted to help children in need without people having to fork out for charity but money is used to fund more corruption and line the pockets of the rich. The problem isn't that there isn't enough money to help children in need, the problem is money is controlled by very powerful corrupt people. It is an endless cycle and major change is needed before I give my money over.

I had a long car journey the other day and kept accidentally switching over to radio 2 and hearing Rylan whatsisface doing karaoke or something. Awful.

Avoided the telly stuff. Mostly bad.

I find a lot of the stories more upsetting as I get older.

So I just do what I’ve always done: I don’t get dressed up, shave my head, sit in a bath of custard or anything. I don’t watch the telly programmes. I just give some money.

I had a long car journey the other day and kept accidentally switching over to radio 2 and hearing Rylan whatsisface doing karaoke or something. Awful.

So I just do what I’ve always done: I don’t get dressed up, shave my head, sit in a bath of custard or anything. I don’t watch the telly programmes. I just give some money.
That's me in a nutshell, that Rylan stuff was painful and I swear I could tell in Ken Bruce's voice he was being forced to get involved! Raised a lot of dosh but someone less annoying could have probably raised more? I donated a fiver after seeing those poor sods riding the rickshaws in that pissing down rain but essentially I agree with @niceonemarra in his sentiments, but at the end of the day it's less than two pints if it makes someone's life a little better it's all good.

Aye I’d have paid to have the spanner stop singing :lol:

Back