Children in Need

bloody celebrities telling me what to do with my money, why dont they give theirs ffs, etc etc etc

just idiots running around in guinness hats getting pissed when its nothing to do with them. (oh wait that might be another thread)

Last edited:
Selfish twats.
It's relentless. Usual suspects at work being 'wacky'. Look at you like there's summat wrong with you cos ya don't want to guess how many Skittles there are on a f***ing cake!!!!
Yawn..

Well don't watch it.. don't donate..

I don't see a gun at your head
It's not on yet but I won't be.
Agree, I wish they weren't in need anymore.
Never mentioned the children
Well we're sick of you.
Go blow a goat
For charity?

Last edited:
Without starting a political debate, a country such as ours shouldn’t need to raise money for charity.

Nothing wrong with it though. I won’t be watching but sponsored a few of the kids doing fundraising things today’s

Allow me to break this down. @weebil64

It's relentless. Usual suspects at work being 'wacky'. Look at you like there's summat wrong with you cos ya don't want to guess how many Skittles there are on a f***ing cake!!!!
It's not relentless. It's once a year. Christmas is relentless. It started in some shops in late October.

I'm sure they'll be gutted to be missing your company and distinct lack of donation

Well that's just bollocks.

For charity?

I'm not sure you'd get many sponsors, but I say go for it.
Without starting a political debate, a country such as ours shouldn’t need to raise money for charity.

Nothing wrong with it though. I won’t be watching but sponsored a few of the kids doing fundraising things today’s

It shouldn't, but a lot of things they fund are additional services or things that wouldn't exist without charitable support.
Also, if everything was government funded, taxes would probably be sky high

Last edited:
Allow me to break this down. @weebil64

It's not relentless. It's once a year. Christmas is relentless. It started in some shops in late October.

I'm sure they'll be gutted to be missing your company and distinct lack of donation

Well that's just bollocks.

For charity?
I'm not sure you'd get many sponsors, but I say go for it.

Mentioned Children in Need, not children in need. The event/hypefest.

So not bollocks.

Mentioned Children in Need, not children in need. The event/hypefest.

So not bollocks.

They hype loads AND if you watch/listen to things they often have sections on the projects they support and hear from the families and children who benefit
Unless you mean everywhere in general like shops stocking Pudsey merch etc

They hype loads AND if you watch/listen to things they often have sections on the projects they support and hear from the families and children who benefit
Unless you mean everywhere in general like shops stocking Pudsey merch etc
I do mean everywhere. It has become just another homogenised event. Things used to be spontaneous but they might as well just introduce a new tax to allow for all the events throughout the year.

Pains me to say it but Poppy Day is becoming the same sorta thing. Charities Incorporated

Doesn't a lot of it go overseas? Who "should" be paying that if not charity?

I do mean everywhere. It has become just another homogenised event. Things used to be spontaneous but they might as well just introduce a new tax to allow for all the events throughout the year.

Pains me to say it but Poppy Day is becoming the same sorta thing. Charities Incorporated

What would you do differently that brings in the same ££?

The Poppy situation is getting more out of hand every year. it's almost a competition now to be seen to be the most Poppyish person there.
The David Squires on football and the poppy is spot on.
This is this year's cartoon

What would you do differently that brings in the same ££?
I don't know. I didn't profess to being an expert fundraiser.

I do know thet on the news tomorrow the final total will be reported and compared with previous years. Heaven help us if it's not up to snuff.

Back