Childish Adults

Sometimes I pick up the sky control with my left hand and throw it too my right hand like Luke Skywalker using the force to call his lightsaber.

I even make the lightsaber noise when I hit the TV guide button

Oh yeah, IT at our place has a sign on the door that says something like "do not knock on the door without an appointment". I knock on the door and leg it every time I walk past.

You should try ringing them up asking to make an appointment and only let on later in the conversation that the appointment is just to knock on their door

The correct name for a remote control is "the dabber".

Doofer.

Haven't yet had the balls to try it, but one of the times a similar thread came up years ago I remember reading about someone getting a socket with a timer, setting it for 3 in the morning and leaving the Hoover plugged in and turned on with a sheet over it so that the missus gets woken up by the noise, comes down to investigate it and thinks there's a ghost. I laughed at the time, still find it funny now and really need to get round to trying it out on my lass.

If your lass can’t immediately tell the noise of the Hoover she needs retraining marra.

Last edited:
I made someone a cup of tea and left the teabag in took a few drinks before it floated up :lol:

We have a glass-panelled door between the sitting room and the kitchen. When I come in from work and herself (no) is in the kitchen, pottering about making the tea, I don't let on I'm home and stand with my face pressed against the glass.

Her reaction when she notices is priceless.

Unfortunately, crockery and kitchenware isn't, so I'm going to have to stop doing it.

I've started joining cookery Facebook groups and posting recipes but I changing one or two thing about the instructions. Instead of adding one egg white you add 7. a lady messaged me asking if it was supposed to be so soggy. Also increasing the temperature is another favourite, instead of 180 degrees for 20 mins, it's 220 for 30 mins.

Back