child phycologists

anitdontmajanow

Central Defender
Providing that we get no resolution from CAHMS again, does anyone have any experience with child phycologists where to look for advice before going down that road as would not want to get ripped off etc...

All the CPs I've come into contact are cut 'n' paste merchants. I've seen loads of reports with different bairn's names in. The SEND team at your local council will have someone who deals with them. They're often either employed by the LA or contracted in. There'll be a SEND advocate separate from the LA anarl. Might be worth giving them a ring.

Your school should have a special needs coordinator (senco). They could be a good point of contact?

she has been seeing the SENCO co-ordinator for a few months mate, they are the ones who put the fast track referal to CAHMS in this all happened last Thursday and we have an appointment Tuesday, i just found them obnoxious and useless last time we seen them

I'm not in the area but we have been using NELFT in my area and they have been superb. Unfortunately we have seen far too many psycologists recently.

My youngest daughter has been in a youth mental health unit since new new years Eve and I would like to say every person we have encountered in there have been stars.. the best people you could ever imagine.

We used the priory initially as wife had private health care but didn't see any real assistance from them.

Last edited:
Providing that we get no resolution from CAHMS again, does anyone have any experience with child phycologists where to look for advice before going down that road as would not want to get ripped off etc...

Mate. Give me a PM explaining what you want. I'll see what I can do. My wife is a child psychologist at CAHMS and I'm in a similar proffesion.

Should be looking at around £100-120 for a session with a clinical psychologist up here. Probably pay as little as £30-40 for a counsellor.

she has been seeing the SENCO co-ordinator for a few months mate, they are the ones who put the fast track referal to CAHMS in this all happened last Thursday and we have an appointment Tuesday, i just found them obnoxious and useless last time we seen them
Don’t take it personally mate. They got into the profession to help kids but are forced to focus on budgets more than anything these days.

Back