Child Maintance

Imagine not wanting your kid to have some nice things in life from your pay rise. A small percentage of that pay rise too. Trampy behaviour
Imagine thinking your extra money was going to go on beer, fags and drugs and the kids would still turn up in rags? Every case is different so get off your high horse.
Nope. I have a space if I want it.
I hope you have a safe space mate :D

Last edited:
Do they not take a percentage of your income, 15% or summat? You get a £1000 a year pay rise, she gets £150, you get to keep £850? Sounds fair to me like.
They do now

It used to be they looked at what you earned, what you needed to live on and took the difference. When me and my ex split up I was living onboard and was "reassured" that as I was getting free board and lodging I would be left with the same amount as I would get if I was on the dole.

The new system is a long way off perfect but its better than the old.

I've seen both sides of the new system having paid for my daughter for eighteen years without missing a payment and also having raised my step daughter whilst her biological father has lied and dodged payments throughout. The amount he owes after eighteen years is eye watering but we aren't holding our breath on getting it. The system is shite. If a self employed absent father doesn't want to pay there's little pressure on him to do so. We tried everything, we had bank statements, his mortgage application tge lot to present to a tribunal but as he didn't turn up the "judge" refused to accept our evidence as he wasn't there to contest or confirm it.

The system is broken and needs fixing
Oh dunno, might be. I meant they’re second to get paid, after the tax man, regardless of your monthly outgoings.
Your wife could kick you out, leave you in loads of debt, and move 300 miles away, while allowing you minimum access to the children. Yet you’d still have to pay the csa, even if it left you destitute. It makes no sense by any sensible evaluation.
This

Last edited:
Imagine thinking your extra money was going to go on beer, fags and drugs and the kids would still turn up in rags? Every case is different so get off your high horse.

I hope you have a safe space mate :D
I said in an earlier post that as long as the child is looked after then I don’t see why parents dispute paying more as they earn more

I said in an earlier post that as long as the child is looked after then I don’t see why parents dispute paying more as they earn more
The problem arises when the absent fathers perception is that the money isn't being spent on his child(ren). My ex missus liked a drink and at times I felt I was funding her lifestyle whilst my daughter wasn't seeing the benefit of my payments.

I've seen both sides of the new system having paid for my daughter for eighteen years without missing a payment and also having raised my step daughter whilst her biological father has lied and dodged payments throughout. The amount he owes after eighteen years is eye watering but we aren't holding our breath on getting it. The system is shite. If a self employed absent father doesn't want to pay there's little pressure on him to do so. We tried everything, we had bank statements, his mortgage application tge lot to present to a tribunal but as he didn't turn up the "judge" refused to accept our evidence as he wasn't there to contest or confirm it.

The system is broken and needs fixing

That's where it falls down IMO. There comes a point where people get fed up with chasing for it and just give up.

That's where it falls down IMO. There comes a point where people get fed up with chasing for it and just give up.
At one point the lass at tge Csa place suggested its " probably just easier for everyone if we just drop the case". Aye ok pet, its only £40,000. Why cause a fuss and inconvenience about £40,000 eh?

Another time we were told the case had been dropped at her ex husbands request.

Absolutely shocking incompetence

At one point the lass at tge Csa place suggested its " probably just easier for everyone if we just drop the case". Aye ok pet, its only £40,000. Why cause a fuss and inconvenience about £40,000 eh?

Another time we were told the case had been dropped at her ex husbands request.

Absolutely shocking incompetence

It's a lot of money like 😲

From experience, I'd agree the CSA are a waste of time.

It’s a Volvo so automatically safe. Quality comedy though.

That’s great news I was scared for the Volvo 🤦‍♂️
My point exactly. Glad someone got it ;)
I used to resent the money not going on my kids. Im sure many others do too.

Last edited:

Back