Child Maintance

Ok some ! My point still remains

Why do people on here not get the safety element of a large vehicle. You have a car and also use public transport is fine as it’s your choice. Equally it’s my choice to work hard to earn enough cash to make sure my kids are in a car I deem suitable from a safety perspective for them to get around in. I don’t think the bus is good enough for my kids as I’d rather they were in a car. It’s gives privacy security and no standing around in cold and rain etc. If people choose to use public transport then great but I don’t need to agree to doing that myself
You're entitled to that opinion. You can also be called out for shaming those who do not have the desire and or means to do the same.

This is all very simple.

Not calling anyone out if you don’t have the means then you can’t do it. The reason I responded to this is due to the fact that the op’s ex chose to buy an Audi A5 so she clearly has the means to own a sizeable vehicle that she deems safe enough to transport her kids around which is the same point of view as myself. To keep it simple for you I’m not calling people out who can’t afford it I’m simply stating it’s my choice to do so for my kids. If I couldn’t do it then I’d look at alternatives.
Wow. Never thought I would read that on a Sunderland supporters' message board. :lol:
Why ?

Wow. Never thought I would read that on a Sunderland supporters' message board. :lol:
You forget how wealthy 90% of this forum seems to be

I feel a bit inadequate since joining. It's a revelation to me that I got to my mid 40s without realising I lived in one of the wealthiest parts of the country

Why a Sunderland forum has attracted the top 5% of earners in the country is quite a mystery

No wonder our public transport up here is so cack. Most folk would refuse to use it clearly

I feel a bit inadequate since joining. It's a revelation to me that I got to my mid 40s without realising I lived in one of the wealthiest parts of the country

Why a Sunderland forum has attracted the top 5% of earners in the country is quite a mystery

No wonder our public transport up here is so cack. Most folk would refuse to use it clearly
And never forget it
And never forget it
Also you only realise it when you get to that level so keep plodding away. 😂😂😂

Last edited:
It comes across as an incredibly snobbish thing to say or write. Nothing wrong with buses, I have used them regularly. If loads more people did then there would be far less congestion on the roads and far less emmissions knacking our lungs and atmosphere. Both are good things.

I haven't seen any figures to suggest that children are less safe on a bus statistcically than they are in a car. I'd be happy to read them though if you can provide them.

Perhaps message boards appeal to those who wish to broadcast how well they've done.
There are plenty of posters, I'm sure, who have good jobs but don't feel the need to let everybody know so they just keep that bit quiet.
Just a theory like.... :lol:

My daughter goes to school on the bus every day. Never had any concerns about her safety.
Probably out of choice with her mates I’d imagine ?
Perhaps message boards appeal to those who wish to broadcast how well they've done.
There are plenty of posters, I'm sure, who have good jobs but don't feel the need to let everybody know so they just keep that bit quiet.
Just a theory like.... :lol:
How is having a decent motor broadcasting how well you’ve done ? I’m hardly poring pictures of my super yacht in Monaco and my latest pension swindle ! 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Yes and convenience as school is about 10 miles away, so it would be awkward with work if I had to take her and pick her up.
And you’ve eloquently proven my point. If it’s a convenient thing to have a vehicle and your life allows you to use a vehicle as opposed to a bus then why wouldn’t you.

It’s the people who try to make out that they are the sole provider for their child after a split..going on that they pay for this and they pay for that ...and you say but do you not get child maintenance...and they say oh yes forgot about that...

Back