Chicken nuggets grown from cells, not slaughter

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date

Or less mass farmed. Turn the land back from cattle use to crop use or even let it go back to wildlife.
The amazon might have chance to recover rather than being chopped down for cattle grazing.

Interesting...

It really depends on how the new technology is used. Hopefully, it'll a) mean, as you say, a reduction in intensive, mass farming b) be used to stop malnutrition. I can't help feeling that LMICs won't see a lot of benefit though.

It really depends on how the new technology is used. Hopefully, it'll a) mean, as you say, a reduction in intensive, mass farming b) be used to stop malnutrition. I can't help feeling that LMICs won't see a lot of benefit though.

You never know. How expensive was Quorn when it first came out? Now they've worked out how to mass produce it, it's not that expensive.
I may have to get some Quorn burgers now.
Some of their stuff is garbage, but the burgers are canny. I may be in the minority here but I think I have a sentimental attachment to them :lol:

You never know. How expensive was Quorn when it first came out? Now they've worked out how to mass produce it, it's not that expensive.
I may have to get some Quorn burgers now.
Some of their stuff is garbage, but the burgers are canny. I may be in the minority here but I think I have a sentimental attachment to them :lol:

Quorn hasn't really made it beyond the developed world though.

I can't say that's a big surprise. First World can decide whether to or not to eat meat etc.

Yep. TBH, there'd be logistical issues getting quorn, or lab developed meat to some of the poorer places on the planet but, hopefully, it can be used in Brazil, India, China etc. Countries with great poverty but also great wealth.

Yes but the ethical reasons underpinning their vegetarianism would be made redundant and thus no longer needed.

seen the article on the bbc news 24. the original substance is /are cells from a chicken feather.

however the growth particles needed has something to do with a calf, so therefore it cant be eaten by vegans or vegetarians.

the people making this though are quite clear, that this is the early stages and they cant mass produce as yet, but does seem really promising

Extinction is a natural cycle though. Pretty much everything becomes extinct and then new species appear. It’s happened numerous times in the earth’s history. The mass extinction events tend to kill off 90+% of species anyway.

Nature also has a way of adapting, survival of the fittest and all that.

I’d be concerned with potential genetic mutation overtime. Unless they kept a stock of original breeding stock for each animal nd regularly reintroduced fresh meat into the growth cycles.

Back