Chicago.

Yes, nice town. Great thread, will read again. 9.25/10, marked down for too many full stops for a proper ellipsis.

Update: Read again, ellipsis still needs to be formatted. So format the fucker.

Last edited:
Don't go in the winter.

Been a couple of times. Very nice downtown area as long as it's warm and dry.

I have family scattered around the area. It's very nice June-August. The winter is grim. I know people there who wear two pairs of jeans or trousers, one over the other, when going outside in winter. I think that's a bit much, but when the wind is coming in off the lake it's about as cold as I've ever experienced anywhere - makes Boston and New York feel like Miami.

Don't go in the winter.

Been a couple of times. Very nice downtown area as long as it's warm and dry.
Was there in early November 2015, was a bit nippy when the wind got up :lol:
Stayed at The Wit on N State street, very nice room and a good beer flight as a pre dinner warmup

9 of us just booked to go there for the Rugby weekend in November 3rd.

I'm guessing the McCormik/Loop/Magic Miles are best locations for Hotels/Tourist stuff?

Saw a hotel for £100 per night for 9 people in nice suburb called Englewood:lol:

RIP man. It's not called Chiraq for nowt. Just stay away from the south and west sides and you'll be fine. The Loop and Magnificent Mile are full of tourists so you will be okay there - just apply normal common sense as you would in any big city.

RIP man. It's not called Chiraq for nowt. Just stay away from the south and west sides and you'll be fine. The Loop and Magnificent Mile are full of tourists so you will be okay there - just apply normal common sense as you would in any big city.

Its just about the last big US city on my list - my main overview of it has been watching Shameless so if I assume thats normal then I'l be pre-warned

Its just about the last big US city on my list - my main overview of it has been watching Shameless so if I assume thats normal then I'l be pre-warned

Aye I think Shameless is set on the south side. It's a city with street names though and can make it more difficult to navigate - unless that was just me and my lack of direction.

Aye I think Shameless is set on the south side. It's a city with street names though and can make it more difficult to navigate - unless that was just me and my lack of direction.
We'll be pretty pissed most of the time, so will have the same trouble even with numbers/grid system

Back