Chester Le Street stabbing

Looks like a fight started in the house and spilled out onto the street, the street is covered in blood and all the cars in the street also covered in blood, no one in the street has been allowed to move there cars or use there front doors today.

Totally agree mate, what I can't get my around is why would anyone carry a knife???? Defies belief.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Like I say mate, it's scary imagining them growing up. You've got to let them have their space but you don't want to let go because you know it's a totally different environment out there as to when I/we were young. Could just be me over thinking things because more things are in the public domain now?
It's safer now than back in the day imho. No point in worrying.

There is a growing culture that it is OK to carry a knife to look cool but to protect oneself. When that happens it isn’t such a big jump to the position where they occasionally get used. It is still relatively rare to be killed from a knife, so in the scheme of things our kids are more likely to be killed on the roads, but it happens far too often and that is no comfort to the poor sods who have already lost their children to such mindless carry-on.

The lack of police, lack of respect and a lazy, unthinking culture has brought us here. When the penny drops and those that voted Brexit out of frustration towards other issues finally realise they have shot themselves in the foot then I fear this country will reach its darkest times since WW2.

I hope there is a way back from this kind of situation.
I know, about it 'being cool' carrying knives but when did this stem from? Just seems recently up here and a certain generation.

Disagree marra. Obviously don't know your age,I'm 40, I can't remember young teenagers walking around with knives mate.

Last edited:
Disagree marra. Obviously don't know your age,I'm 40, I can't remember young teenagers walking around with knives mate.

Im only a bit older than you and none of my mates (or anyone we ever had trouble with) carried knives.

I did used to work with one kid about 20 years ago, young lad from Biddick Hall in Shields. He got collared with a lock knife at work and said it was for protection because he’d had issues on the metro with kids with knives. That’s the single only time I’d heard of anyone carrying when we were young’uns.

Im only a bit older than you and none of my mates (or anyone we ever had trouble with) carried knives.

I did used to work with one kid about 20 years ago, young lad from Biddick Hall in Shields. He got collared with a lock knife at work and said it was for protection because he’d had issues on the metro with kids with knives. That’s the single only time I’d heard of anyone carrying when we were young’uns.
Obviously random occasion them days mate, or maybe not as publicised as today? Either way kids growing up nowadays, unfortunately need to be cautious of their surroundings.

Very very few do.
Each to their own. Up here,they do.

Last edited:
Just been on LBC.

Person died after being stabbed at 2am.
400 yards from where I live

Tbf cls has been dodgy for decades and I remember a lad I knew being kicked in the throat and dying in Togo’s way back in the early to mid 80s

Always been loads of toe rags floating around but not normally in that area of the town. Fairly quiet round there. Mainly terraced housing

Not heard who died or who did the stabbing. Probably find out next weekend

There is a growing culture that it is OK to carry a knife to look cool but to protect oneself. When that happens it isn’t such a big jump to the position where they occasionally get used. It is still relatively rare to be killed from a knife, so in the scheme of things our kids are more likely to be killed on the roads, but it happens far too often and that is no comfort to the poor sods who have already lost their children to such mindless carry-on.

The lack of police, lack of respect and a lazy, unthinking culture has brought us here. When the penny drops and those that voted Brexit out of frustration towards other issues finally realise they have shot themselves in the foot then I fear this country will reach its darkest times since WW2.

I hope there is a way back from this kind of situation.

What an absolute crock of shit. You’re a decent poster normally but fcuk me what utter shite that comment is

What an absolute crock of shit. You’re a decent poster normally but fcuk me what utter shite that comment is
I obviously hope you’re correct but most analysts agree that Brexit is going to be incredibly damaging for most of the population (unless of course you’re super wealthy and have interests in currency speculation like say JRM)

I’m a bit young but from what from what I can gather, the late 70’s were probably the most violent times since the war to be a young adult. Aye knife crime is rampant now but the attacks are usually gang related or the victim and attacker know each other. For the majority who just want to go out and have a good time, now must be safer than the Wild West days of 40 years ago where everyone from bouncers, rival football fans and randoms in the pub were just clamming to render you unconscious then stamp on your head..

Tbf cls has been dodgy for decades and I remember a lad I knew being kicked in the throat and dying in Togo’s way back in the early to mid 80s

Always been loads of toe rags floating around but not normally in that area of the town. Fairly quiet round there. Mainly terraced housing

He's been named locally, shares the surname of SAFC most successful manager of our lifetime

i must know you, that was RW, my mate also, H from Perky was the killer

I’m a bit young but from what from what I can gather, the late 70’s were probably the most violent times since the war to be a young adult. Aye knife crime is rampant now but the attacks are usually gang related or the victim and attacker know each other. For the majority who just want to go out and have a good time, now must be safer than the Wild West days of 40 years ago where everyone from bouncers, rival football fans and randoms in the pub were just clamming to render you unconscious then stamp on your head..
You could usually avoid it but it was definitely more violent than now. But if parents want to worry themselves sick about their kids I'm not going to stop them. I've never worried about my daughter and most of her male friends have avoided kicking let alone a stabbing.

Each to their own. Up here,they do.
It's not something I was aware of but you may be right.

Last edited:

Back