Chester (Cheshire) for a neet out

Whooosh :D
?

Last time I was there there was a trendy vodka bar full of hipsters.
There was also a Sam Smiths bar and I was explaining to Mrs Bresslaw that they make all their own gear and was pointing it out to her when the manager overheard and took umbrage, was going to throw me out ffs.

Avoid Chester when the GG’s are on! Pissed up scousers everywhere, fighting amongst themselves. Loads of top pubs with great food and real ale in the outlying villages.

Avoid Chester when the GG’s are on! Pissed up scousers everywhere, fighting amongst themselves. Loads of top pubs with great food and real ale in the outlying villages.
As above, when there’s hoss racing on the place is mad and full of wankers.

Chester is canny for proper pubs, and good ales. Canny few bars too, for the call centre millionaires. It’s not a late night place, and when the bairn has brought friends back to Sunderland from Chester they have all loved Sunderland as they can drink until
5am, and they all say it is canny lively compared to Chester, and half the price.

Its better than Durham, but not as good as Edinburgh :)

Had to look up what the frig that was.

How does one begin to work out if there's hoss racing on on a particular weekend?

Had to look up what the frig that was.

How does one begin to work out if there's hoss racing on on a particular weekend?
May - Sep meetings almost every other weekend. Not a small gig either, normally 25 - 30k attend. Saturdays are a nightmare.
chester-races.com

May - Sep meetings almost every other weekend. Not a small gig either, normally 25 - 30k attend. Saturdays are a nightmare.
chester-races.com
Had a look earlier - looks like we're clear the bank holiday Saturday we'd be there. Ladies day the weekend after.

Went last year with the Mrs, canny night out. As previously stated, more of a pub/bar night out and not much on after midnight. Go to a place called Prohibition on Watergates Street.

Back