Chessington world of adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rollsylad

Was thinking of taking my son whos 3 here over the bank holiday weekend!! Was just asking for advice if it would be suitable at that age! I know there is a zoo there which would be ideal but the rides i wouldnt know! Anyone ever been with children that age! Thanks for any advice

Loads of the rides have height restrictions and it's not a cheap day out for a family. Me niece is coming down next week with her three year old and has decided against going after looking up its website. Thought the zoo was long gone .......

Other thing how are you travelling? If by car come off the M25 as you turn left into the car park, those coming off the A3 have to turn right and on a Bank Holiday the traffic is a nightmare .... if by train, then Chessington North and grab the bus as it's over a mile to walk to the car park entrance .......

Just checked the site and minimum height for quite a few rides is 0.9m ...... though any under 1.4m can go on some rides if accompanied by an adult. Some attractions the adult has to be accompanied by a bairn :)

Last edited:
Took the bairn last week, she's 10 mind but seemed to be plenty going on for the younguns. She loved it and I found it tolerable so all in all it was a winner.

Was thinking of taking my son whos 3 here over the bank holiday weekend!! Was just asking for advice if it would be suitable at that age! I know there is a zoo there which would be ideal but the rides i wouldnt know! Anyone ever been with children that age! Thanks for any advice
Book the tickets online a day or two in advance otherwise they have your eyes out at the entrance

Just round the corner from me... Its canny busy and not as well organised as some of the others, Legoland is better for the rides at that age but the zoo is good and they put kiddy shows etc. on. Theres a quite cool safari ride now too...

I was looking at legoland aswell but not sure how easy it is to get to! Will be travelling from durham so im guessing for both will be a trip round the M25.

I was looking at legoland aswell but not sure how easy it is to get to! Will be travelling from durham so im guessing for both will be a trip round the M25.

Next door to each other give or take 10 miles.

kid is 3.. stick to flamingoland ..not worth a 4-5 hour car drive.

or just gan to a farm

We were there last week, spent the Monday, Tuesday and weds.
I've a 4 and 5 year old and they loved it, it's very much a park for kids so there were very few rides both could not go on.
It is expensive though and you will do a lot of queuing, so if you do do go, make sure you get there for opening time and try to ride Vampire, Dragons Fury and the Log Flume ride as early as possible as they are the "big" rides that seemed to generate the longest queues (they're not that ig in truth, but they are in this park).
We went to Legoland too, personally I preferred this one, the Star Wars bit was great.
Huge queues here too and you'll need at least two days to do everything. If you do go, to LL it's worth taking swimming stuff as they've two water playgrounds that the kids run around and get soaked in.

Either way, at this time of year you'll spend ages in queues, but the kids will enjoy both.

One other thing: due to the roadworks and volume of traffic it took us around 8 hours to get back to Durham from Legoland, so you might want to leave it until late at night before heading home.

Last edited:
Loads of the rides have height restrictions and it's not a cheap day out for a family. Me niece is coming down next week with her three year old and has decided against going after looking up its website. Thought the zoo was long gone .......

:( Let a tarantula crawl up me arm in there like.

Another thing.

if he is only 3 and you can get time off then wait a fortnight for schools ti go back..

be able to get on everything multiple timez

Both are just off the M25. Not sure whether Thorpe Park is worth a look at as that's in the vicinity too. Never been so can't say ......

Both are just off the M25. Not sure whether Thorpe Park is worth a look at as that's in the vicinity too. Never been so can't say ......

Chessington is more suitable for small kids. Won't really be anything for a three year old at Thorpe Park.

Another thing.

if he is only 3 and you can get time off then wait a fortnight for schools ti go back..

be able to get on everything multiple timez

This. Going to theme parks on bank holidays or during school holidays is madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back