Chess

Local chess champion here I've beat the best but will I get any money for being brilliant at Chess?

win tournaments with prize money, get sponsorship, become an International Master, become a GrandMaster, enter the top 10 in the world. At this stage you are a multi-millionaire.
I know enough about Chess and that's a very impressive post.

Shite immature game for bairns.

Think about it. It’s a military strategy game. If video game technology had been around when it was invented, Deep Blue would have been playing Kasparov at Command and Conquer instead.

There were some expert chess players in reception when I was checking into a hotel recently. They seemed obsessed with chess and were talking loudly about various contests they had won. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's chess nuts boasting in an open foyer.
Congratulations 10/10
Logon or register to see this image

was there a tournament going on in the hotel?

if so was probably some assorted bunch of would be's.

Most chess players are decent people not like that, please dont judge all on that unfortunate experience.

Wow, that joke took you en passant, didn't it?

I think Chess is rated on complexity below Go and Shogi (Japanese Chess) but above Xiangqi (Chinese Chess).

Certainly these four are probably the most complex board games but whether that makes them the best overall games is a different matter.

Twilight Struggle is one of the more complex regular board games. Its about the Cold War between 1948 and 1989.

I think Chess is rated on complexity below Go and Shogi (Japanese Chess) but above Xiangqi (Chinese Chess).

Certainly these four are probably the most complex board games but whether that makes them the best overall games is a different matter.

Twilight Struggle is one of the more complex regular board games. Its about the Cold War between 1948 and 1989.
They’ve got an AI that can win at Go now as well.

There were some expert chess players in reception when I was checking into a hotel recently. They seemed obsessed with chess and were talking loudly about various contests they had won. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's chess nuts boasting in an open foyer.

Bit young for chess, reception age kids, imo.

not at all, you give me too much credit. At times I am coherent and on the ball, quoting Nick Bostrom and AI takover, at other times I am just dumb.

I admit it, I can be dumb.

‘Whoosh’ is the noise the joke makes when it goes over your head. You were whooshed marra.

Back