Chernobyl -sky Atlantic

Looks good like its crazy to think what would have happened if they didnt prevent a further explosion.

Majority of Europe would have been fucked sure I read that somewhere.

Have you read Boys in Zinc?
From 1979 to 1989 Soviet troops engaged in a devastating war in Afghanistan that claimed thousands of casualties on both sides. While the Soviet Union talked about a 'peace-keeping' mission, the dead were shipped back in sealed zinc coffins. Boys in Zinc presents the honest testimonies of soldiers, doctors and nurses, mothers, wives and siblings who describe the lasting effects of war. Weaving together their stories, Svetlana Alexievich shows us the truth of the Soviet-Afghan conflict: the killing and the beauty of small everyday moments, the shame of returned veterans, the worries of all those left behind. When it was first published in the USSR in 1991, Boys in Zinc sparked huge controversy for its unflinching, harrowing insight into the realities of war.
Yes, liked that too although not quite as much as I liked the others. On war I preferred her one about female soldiers in the Red Army, called the Unwomanly Face of War. About girls running away from their families to get to the front to fight any way they could... Like the rest of her books it's a compilation of interviews. For anyone interested in Russia all these books are amazing. I started with Secondhand Time and then was hooked.

Someone I worked with went to Chernobyl not long after the event. When he returned to the UK and went to a UK nuclear plant he triggered the full body monitor coming off plant. His trousers ended up as with low or intermediate level waste. Dust from the area had collected in his trousers and was sufficiently contaminated to set off the monitors

We'll let you know when the sitcom comes out mate.

Carry On Contaminating: Sid James and Joan Sims star as a married couple whose bickering at work during a core shutdown test leads to the world's worst civilian nuclear disaster. But every cloud has a silver lining, as the desperate cover up brings the couple closer together and gives Joan just the thing to save the marriage: three boobs!

Last edited:
Carry On Contaminating: Sid James and Joan Sims star as a married couple whose bickering at work during a core shutdown test leads to the world's worst civilian nuclear disaster. But every cloud has a silver lining, as the desperate cover up brings the couple closer together and gives Joan just the thing to save the marriage: three boobs!
Some Motherlands Do 'Ave 'Em

Mate is quite breathtaking, dodgem cars still in the same place where they opened a funfair just days before etc.
Proper stuff which is just difficult to explain, the only thing I would say is if you have a guided tour including food don’t have the cabbage soup.
Ha thanks for the heads up mate.

One of those places I need to see with me own eyes.

I watched a video where they went as far as you could go into the reactor room and it looked like it was snowing. Apparently it was the radiation hitting the camera. And they have radiation meters in some of the buildings that look like big digital clocks.

Yes and we had proper guides, just they let people off the mini bus at certain points, they (I am hoping knew) it was safe but we had no real idea .
Funny part is getting in and out putting your hands on some radiation meter, if you fail you have to stay for 24 hours.
Bloody hell, at least they take it seriously. Good way to get rid of the Mrs though.

Bloody hell, at least they take it seriously. Good way to get rid of the Mrs though.

Mate we had an organised trip for about 50, (Scotland fans) we took presents for the workers shortbread etc and had a whip round after food, all the wummin came out cuddling us after, think w had just set them up for life with the donations.
Mind you the red cabbage soup was still prominent at least four days later and I only had one spoonful

Back