Chernobyl -sky Atlantic

Just to confirm what has already been said, Kiev is great. Loads of stuff to do and, if you're lucky, one of the servers at the brewery might tell you you look like Justine Timberlake. ;)

Always wanted to go there like but apparently the tours are massively dissapointing.
I did a 2 day tour with a day either side in Kiev. The tour was fantastic, booked with lupine travel who use soloeast. Had a day either side in Kiev.
Climbing up duga 3 and being in pripyat at dusk on top of an apartment block is stuff I'll never forget.

I was 15 when this happened, I still remember the Physics and Chemistry teachers at our school had Geiger counter type devices set out around the school recording data. It was about a week after the incident occurred I think.

One moment in particular I will always remember, I was standing with the Physics teacher and he was explaining the measurements and data recording, it was raining quite heavily that day. As we were standing a group of kids came in from outside soaking wet, they past close to the counter and I actually saw the needle jump not too far from the line on the counter. The teacher paused what he was doing, and went and had discussion with the Chemistry teacher, it seemed quite a antimated chat!

Looks a bit serious and factual for my liking. Will probably with it like as im fascinated by Chernobyl and like jared harris as an actor.

Looks a bit serious and factual for my liking. Will probably with it like as im fascinated by Chernobyl and like jared harris as an actor.
Have you read the book Chernobyl Prayer by Svetlana Alexievich? If you're interested in Chernobyl it's brilliant although probably the most harrowing thing I've ever read.

Fact or fiction?
Fact. It's a compilation of the locals' memories of the disaster and the aftermath. Also the people who moved there afterwards! She won the nobel prize for literature for a more recent book on the fall of the Soviet Union, called Secondhand Time, which is one of my favourite books ever.

Fact. It's a compilation of the locals' memories of the disaster and the aftermath. Also the people who moved there afterwards! She won the nobel prize for literature for a more recent book on the fall of the Soviet Union, called Secondhand Time, which is one of my favourite books ever.

Have you read Boys in Zinc?
From 1979 to 1989 Soviet troops engaged in a devastating war in Afghanistan that claimed thousands of casualties on both sides. While the Soviet Union talked about a 'peace-keeping' mission, the dead were shipped back in sealed zinc coffins. Boys in Zinc presents the honest testimonies of soldiers, doctors and nurses, mothers, wives and siblings who describe the lasting effects of war. Weaving together their stories, Svetlana Alexievich shows us the truth of the Soviet-Afghan conflict: the killing and the beauty of small everyday moments, the shame of returned veterans, the worries of all those left behind. When it was first published in the USSR in 1991, Boys in Zinc sparked huge controversy for its unflinching, harrowing insight into the realities of war.

Back