Chernobyl -sky Atlantic

Nuclear wine? Brilliant. That's my excuse for the next time I get blackout drunk at a wedding.

Sorry mate, it was that nuclear wine again, I didn't mean to spit on the bride, honest.

Aye. It's rough tje dat after you drink it. Your hair and teeth fall out and you die. Just like newcastle brown ale really.

Excellent show 9/10

After watching things like this I always like to research the subject.

Have you watched that video, the presenter starts turning the knobs and pushed the buttons in the exact place that caused the explosion. watch at 12:00 minutes in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone read the book 'the chernobyl prayer' after watching this?

Such an amazing book, but christ it haunts you afterwards. It's loads of interviews with people still living there / invloved in the accident/ the clean up and most harrowing the kids born there, all in their own words.

Can't recommend the book enough.

The packages they were selling didn't look too bad value. Although I've heard a few "it looked better in the brochure" stories.

Was Kevin Keegan on one of the trips?
Wow, finally got round to watching this. Absolutely brilliant.

Looking into the eye of that thing must have been literal hell on earth. Stupid bastards nearly killed us all, following by more brave bastards saving us all.

I watched all 5 episodes on the plane to and from UK revently. Harrowing stuff. Remember it happening at the time, but probably a bit more scary now knowing how serious it all was.

Last edited:

Back