Chernobyl -sky Atlantic

That wife was really annoying. Understand the point and perspective, but she was such an idiot

“One thin little sheet on top of him. I changed that little sheet every day, and every day by evening it was covered in blood. I pick him up, and there are pieces of his skin on my hand, they stick to my hands,” Lyudmilla said.

“Any little wrinkle, that was already a wound on him. I clipped my nails down till they bled, so I wouldn’t accidentally cut him. None of the nurses could approach him; if they needed anything they’d call me.”

Lyudmilla was 23 years old and pregnant when Chernobyl exploded.

Two months later, as she visited Vasily’s grave in Moscow, she went into labour. Their daughter, whom Vasily had wanted to call Natashenka, died of heart and liver problems a few hours after birth, and her ashes were buried with her father.”

Chernobyl: The lies, the heroes, the horrors

“The burns started to come to the surface. In his mouth, on his tongue, his cheeks - at first there were little lesions, and then they grew. It came off in layers - as white film ... the colour of his face ... his body ... blue, red , grey-brown.”

The Real Story Of Lyudmilla Ignatenko From 'Chernobyl' Is Just As Harrowing As In The Show

Last edited:

Thoroughly enjoying this. Was pissed off with the lads wife just not listening to anyone, especially pregnant. The effects were brilliant too. Superb so far.

Thoroughly enjoying this. Was pissed off with the lads wife just not listening to anyone, especially pregnant. The effects were brilliant too. Superb so far.

Why? She was a 23 year old in soviet Russia. It wasn’t exactly known for being open and honest with what it told it’s citizens. She was on the verge of losing the man she loved and cared for. I doubt anyone would have done any differently and the things she saw just don’t bear thinking about.

Why? She was a 23 year old in soviet Russia. It wasn’t exactly known for being open and honest with what it told it’s citizens. She was on the verge of losing the man she loved and cared for. I doubt anyone would have done any differently and the things she saw just don’t bear thinking about.
I just thought knowing she was pregnant and being told she could only have 30 minutes would've rang some alarm bells. Also got told to not touch too. I know what you're saying about it being a loved one etc, but still.

I just thought knowing she was pregnant and being told she could only have 30 minutes would've rang some alarm bells. Also got told to not touch too. I know what you're saying about it being a loved one etc, but still.
it wasnt explained to her why she couldnt do those things though....she might of took notice if it had

Loving this podcast ^

Last night was pure grimness. The make-up effects was incredible. Reminded me of Hellraiser which I watched recently. They should get the same team to work on the upcoming reboot.

Logon or register to see this image

As a horror enthusiast, I love that fact that its shot like a horror film.

Went there on Sunday. Facisinating place to Visit. Never been anywhere that was so quiet and creepy.

Learnt a lot really. It could have been so much worse if it wasn’t for some heroic people. The second blast which they prevented could have wiped out the majority of Europe

I hope Nigel Farage isn't reading that. :eek:

It's a place I'd like to visit to be fair, having seen alot about it.

By Gawd that was grim viewing. Radiation burns are f***ing grim mind.

I read the firefighter’s wife’s story - everything that happened was true. The only difference is that the doctor who told her she could only spend 30 minutes with him asked her if she already had children - she had. The doctor then said that was just as well and she didn’t need anymore.

The utterly horrifying thing is how very close we came to a near global catastrophe.

Whilst the Russians were very guarded in how they dealt with this, I did wonder if other nations would have managed to resolve with the problems simply based on the way the had less regard for their own citizens than say Western cultures based on the sheer scale of human sacrifice and the level of understanding by those at ground zero.

Best Tv I've seen for ages I'm obsessed, found the podcast this afternoon which is decent
Cheers. Listened to the first episode yesterday, some good behind the scenes info and the decision not to use Russian accents etc.

Back