Chernobyl -sky Atlantic

Have read alot about Chernobyl over the years.

I was a bit disappointed it didn't show the buildup to the explosion.

Episode 1 could of been what was going on and the personalities in control room which caused the disaster.

Last edited:
As for wildlife, I didn't see a single creature during my visit. Not a single bird. The silence in that place is like nothing else I've ever experienced. Eerie. They let you wander around the school on your own and the quiet is the most disturbing part.
We only had some stray dogs tailing us for a bit in Pripyat, apart from that nothing. Yeah the silence was an experience, just what it'd be like after the zombie apocalypse!

Have read alot about Chernobyl over the years.

I was a bit disappointed it didn't show the buildup to the explosion.

Episode 1 could of been what was going on and the personalities in control room which caused the disaster.
I can see what you mean about developing the personalities but I kinda like the fact it jumped right in to the 'action' personally.

Don’t quote me on this, just trying to remember the tour guide :lol:

Initially when the firefighters tried to put out the fire, all the water sank underneath the reactor. The reactor was then becoming so hot and unpredictable, it was burning through the concrete between the reactor and the water. If it had got to the water then there would have been a reaction and the explosion was predicted to have been way worse than what actually happened.

So some workers then went through the tunnels and drained all the water underneath the reactor, pretty much knowing what they were exposed to would kill them
Unsung heroes. What a sacrifice they made.

This series has lived up to expectations. I was a bit sceptical at first with the non-Russian accents, but it works well and is probably better than 'fake' accents. It's very bleak and puts across what's true danger nuclear power is when it's not harnessed properly and corners are cut. Without a doubt the biggest man-made catastrophe in human history

Back