Chemo. Maybe no more

Status
Not open for further replies.
@foggy , I don’t wish for you to take this the wrong way , but I’m sure there will be plenty on here who’d wish to pay their respects in one way or another when the time comes.

Can you arrange for someone to let us find out in good time , where and when we can ?

But your last paragraph is something else. I’m a bit choked.

When I'm lay on my death bed, I suspect I will still giggle about you retiring all your sex toys to your elderly neighbours recycling bin.
Still my favourite blog from you, laughing while crying is a weird place for a guy to be, my lass is all over it mind.
Actually making me giggle now and I've had a shitty day, (obviously in perspective of not having a filthy illness).

@foggy , I don’t wish for you to take this the wrong way , but I’m sure there will be plenty on here who’d wish to pay their respects in one way or another when the time comes.

Can you arrange for someone to let us find out in good time , where and when we can ?
WTF
Did you really just post that ?

Ah @foggy man, where to start. Ive read every one of your updates, and every reply, but i dont think ive ever replied. I dont think i can say anything that hasnt already been said, and tbh, im not great at expressing myself, but im gonna have a go.
I lost both parents to this fucker of a disease. My dad went first in 2001, and my mam in 2015. When my dad was ill, in 2001 he spent time in St Benedicts. The care he got in there was superb, and, as a lot of people do, i felt like i wanted to give something back. At the time i worked as a chef offshore, but was at the point where i had had enough, 14 years i had done it, and wanted a job at home. I had it in mind that i would love to work in a hospice environment, and St Benedicts was my first thought....i really did want to give something back, i wanted to make a difference.
A vacancy came up for a chef at the Marie Curie hospice in Newcastle, i applied, and i got the job. This was october 2002.
Within a few days of starting i knew i had made the right decision, i absolutely loved it.
The care i see what the patients get is second to none, and i find the patients, like yourself, very inspirational. As a cancer care hospice it sounds like it would be a sad place to work, but its really not....its a friendly, happy place, its a place for living.
All your posts foggy, i find very inspirational, your strength, your humour, your humility all shine through. At work we have leaflets etc which are given to patients and relatives with various support information....you know the type of stuff i mean. I think, and this is just my opinion here, that all your posts, taken in chronological order, would be a superb "my story" type of booklet. I think they would be very inspiring, I know they have inspired me.

Im wishing you the very best of everything mate, you stay strong,

p.s. Marie Curie.....Im still there, now Head Chef, and i would like to think im making a difference.

Ah @foggy man, where to start. Ive read every one of your updates, and every reply, but i dont think ive ever replied. I dont think i can say anything that hasnt already been said, and tbh, im not great at expressing myself, but im gonna have a go.
I lost both parents to this fucker of a disease. My dad went first in 2001, and my mam in 2015. When my dad was ill, in 2001 he spent time in St Benedicts. The care he got in there was superb, and, as a lot of people do, i felt like i wanted to give something back. At the time i worked as a chef offshore, but was at the point where i had had enough, 14 years i had done it, and wanted a job at home. I had it in mind that i would love to work in a hospice environment, and St Benedicts was my first thought....i really did want to give something back, i wanted to make a difference.
A vacancy came up for a chef at the Marie Curie hospice in Newcastle, i applied, and i got the job. This was october 2002.
Within a few days of starting i knew i had made the right decision, i absolutely loved it.
The care i see what the patients get is second to none, and i find the patients, like yourself, very inspirational. As a cancer care hospice it sounds like it would be a sad place to work, but its really not....its a friendly, happy place, its a place for living.
All your posts foggy, i find very inspirational, your strength, your humour, your humility all shine through. At work we have leaflets etc which are given to patients and relatives with various support information....you know the type of stuff i mean. I think, and this is just my opinion here, that all your posts, taken in chronological order, would be a superb "my story" type of booklet. I think they would be very inspiring, I know they have inspired me.

p.s. Marie Curie.....Im still there, now Head Chef, and i would like to think im making a difference.
Fantastic post.
I think it's an innocent post, Daffy mate. Maybe not constructed in the best way, granted.
I think this as well.

Last edited:

Absolutely fantastic post and I think you expressed yourself brilliantly. Congratulations to you on head chef and yes you are making a difference. I’m sure your parents would be very proud of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back