Cheltenham away allocation

Yes. Like all towns there are bad areas, including near the football ground and GCHQ. Although ours are nowhere near as bad as somw other places.

But other parts, like the Promenade and Montpellier are close to unrivalled in Britain with just the likes of Cambridge, Bath, Harrogate, parts of SW London being similar.
Is The Kettle Of Fish pub in a turn off at the bottom of the bank up to Montpellier still going?

Lol we don’t do digital tickets. Moving to cashless turnstiles this season caused enough disgruntlement amongst some of the fan base without introducing technology into the mix.

If you and @Aldyyyy want a decent bar then head up the Promenade to 131.

Keep going up Montpellier towards the Queen’s Hotel and there’s a few more bars.

That part of town is worth strolling through under lights after dark anyway as it is pretty stunning, even if you don’t sample any establishments.

Strand is decent as stated.

Some more basic places like Copa in the town centre will be open late and a few other places on Regent Street near Copa.
Most of the proper real ale houses are hidden away in residential areas and won’t be open late.

Sandford Park Ale House easy to find just top of high street. Was U.K. Camra pub of the year a few years back.
Used to stay in The George Hotel. Too handy for the nightlife tbh. Loved Montpellier.
Nope. Think that is now the Wetherspoons “The Bankhouse”
Well they can fuck off then.
Is the half man half bull statue still in the shopping parade sort of outside the Nationwide? I was there when it was installed. Walking back after the pubs had shut for a night cap in the hotel bar and seeing that for the first time was bizarre. I’m thinking to myself how on earth have I not seen that? Of course the hotel staff insisting it had been there forever to wind me up didn’t help.
Can’t wait to see me uncle Graham
Subtle as a flying hammer.

Last edited:

Back