Chelsea v Watford Premier League 20:00 Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD

Ah, fair enough. I think Mount is good but he may well end up battling with Foden for a place in England's midfield. As I said, I'm not convinced by Abraham but think James may become an England squad regular. Hudson-Odoi is clearly talented but he's now way behind Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Maddison, Grealish, Foden, Oxlade-Chamberlain and others in his position.

Mental list when you put it like that. It was only 2 or 3 years ago where we were desperately looking for flair players / playmakers and now we've got all kinds of riches. Ironically it's at centre back where we have traditionally been strong that we are now woefully lacking.

Mental list when you put it like that. It was only 2 or 3 years ago where we were desperately looking for flair players / playmakers and now we've got all kinds of riches. Ironically it's at centre back where we have traditionally been strong that we are now woefully lacking.

I'm making that point in another thread. We've got Maguire and Gomez then it's probably Michael Keane or one the Burnley lads as third choice. If we went three at the back, Conor Coady might come into the equation. Unless Stones gets some sort of playing time, he should be out for now.

We've got Maguire and Gomez then it's probably Michael Keane or one the Burnley lads as third choice.

Bleak! One world class cb could hold the hand of someone like Stones or Maguire through a tournament but without that 'John Terry' presence it'd be too much of a liability regardless of what's going on up the other end. Still, we'd be frightening going forward.

Bleak! One world class cb could hold the hand of someone like Stones or Maguire through a tournament but without that 'John Terry' presence it'd be too much of a liability regardless of what's going on up the other end. Still, we'd be frightening going forward.

Central defence used to be our strong point as well... Terry, Ferdinand, King, Campbell, Adams, Southgate, Keown, Carragher, Brown etc. would walk into this side. In fairness, in 2014, our central defensive 4 were Cahill, Jagielka. Jones and Smalling. Cahill was fine but, much as I like Jagielka, the others weren't the best.

Back