Chelsea v Watford Premier League 20:00 Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD

First time I've actually looked forward to the drinks break as the football is dreadful.

To be fair Chelsea look decent but its the lack of contest that makes it so poor. Wtf has happened to Watford? Badly missing Deuoeolafueoue.

Are Watford in the relegation scrap? You would never know it they have not tried to get out of there own half, Troy Deeney is defending on his 18 yard box half the time and he is there centre forward, all 11 players are constantly within 35 yards of there keeper
Like Bournemouth and Norwich don’t look like winning a game ! They’ll save Moyes and Villa 😡

To be fair Chelsea look decent but its the lack of contest that makes it so poor. Wtf has happened to Watford? Badly missing Deuoeolafueoue.

It's the complete lack of urgency from Watford that mystifies me. In a relegation battle, a game that's basically a free hit and they have had no shots on target for 70 mins. There's the first from 30 yards !

Are Watford in the relegation scrap? You would never know it they have not tried to get out of there own half, Troy Deeney is defending on his 18 yard box half the time and he is there centre forward, all 11 players are constantly within 35 yards of there keeper

I'm amazed at how poor most of the relegation battle teams have been since the restart. Brighton have shown some fight and probably got themselves safe now, West Ham raised their game for Chelsea but haven't been good otherwise, the rest have been poor. Villa have battled a bit but look short of goals, Norwich clearly regard themselves as down already, Bournemouth are now scored 3 conceded 12 in 4 defeats in June/July and Watford did okay at home to Leicester but have been very poor since. I thought it was likely that the sides that were close to safe (Mags, Southampton, Palace) might get dragged back in by highly motivated sides in the bottom 6 but they're all comfortably safe.

I'm amazed at how poor most of the relegation battle teams have been since the restart. Brighton have shown some fight and probably got themselves safe now, West Ham raised their game for Chelsea but haven't been good otherwise, the rest have been poor. Villa have battled a bit but look short of goals, Norwich clearly regard themselves as down already, Bournemouth are now scored 3 conceded 12 in 4 defeats in June/July and Watford did okay at home to Leicester but have been very poor since. I thought it was likely that the sides that were close to safe (Mags, Southampton, Palace) might get dragged back in by highly motivated sides in the bottom 6 but they're all comfortably safe.
Football just confuses me these days, teams can be losing 2-0 and have the ball in the edge of the opponents box, within 3 passes its back to there own goal keeper, my old man told me you never score a goal with the ball going backwards, teams are so worried about having the ball it seems they would rather keep it than through it into the mixer with a chance they might score a goal, I know arsenal won earlier but at one time it said 74 percent possession to wolves 26, the possession was midfield to David Luiz for 10 minutes, absolute pointless possession
Like Bournemouth and Norwich don’t look like winning a game ! They’ll save Moyes and Villa 😡
Bournemouth just look lost when I have seen them, half the players cannot control the ball and they are not willing to have a go, I hate Moyes but West Ham at least have been having a go at it

Last edited:
Bournemouth just look lost when I have seen them, half the players cannot control the ball and they are not willing to have a go, I hate Moyes but West Ham at least have been having a go at it

I think West Ham will get out of it - 6 games left are Mags, Burnley, Norwich, Watford, Man Utd and Villa. There's enough points there for them.

For comparison:

Watford, after tonight, have Norwich, Newcastle, West Ham, Man City and Arsenal
Villa: Liverpool, Man Utd, Palace, Everton, Arsenal, West Ham
Bournemouth: Spurs, Leicester, Man City, Southampton, Everton

Not sure it's worth bothering with listing the teams Norwich still have to play...

Class act is Barkley. Could still be England's lynchpin. Must say out of the huge crop of promising under 23s the country are producing I'd say the crop at Chelsea contain most of those who won't make it internationally.

I think West Ham will get out of it - 6 games left are Mags, Burnley, Norwich, Watford, Man Utd and Villa. There's enough points there for them.

For comparison:

Watford, after tonight, have Norwich, Newcastle, West Ham, Man City and Arsenal
Villa: Liverpool, Man Utd, Palace, Everton, Arsenal, West Ham
Bournemouth: Spurs, Leicester, Man City, Southampton, Everton

Not sure it's worth bothering with listing the teams Norwich still have to play...
Villa v West Ham last day of the season as a decider would be nice

Class act is Barkley. Could still be England's lynchpin. Must say out of the huge crop of promising under 23s the country are producing I'd say the crop at Chelsea contain most of those who won't make it internationally.
He can be class on his day can Charles Barkley, but he won’t get into the England team as there are just to many young lads who are looking too class, if England are playing 4-3-3 I just don’t see him in that team, mind if he is in the team I would not complain if he is playing well

Last edited:

I'm not sure that Barkley still fits with the under 23s, as he's now 26. I'd agree about the rest. Not sure that either Abraham or Mount is quite good enough, Hudson-Odoi seems to be known for his off pitch things as much as his on pitch things. Tomori and Reece James may be their best prospects for regular England selection but, to a degree, that's down to lack of strength in their positions (depdending on whether James is a left back or right back).

I'm not sure that Barkley still fits with the under 23s, as he's now 26. I'd agree about the rest. Not sure that either Abraham or Mount is quite good enough, Hudson-Odoi seems to be known for his off pitch things as much as his on pitch things. Tomori and Reece James may be their best prospects for regular England selection but, to a degree, that's down to lack of strength in their positions (depdending on whether James is a left back or right back).

I know Barkley is over 23. I was making 2 separate points. I think Mount is the best of the u23s but I've never seen anything impressive from any of the others. Tomori could make it too.

I know Barkley is over 23. I was making 2 separate points. I think Mount is the best of the u23s but I've never seen anything impressive from any of the others. Tomori could make it too.

Ah, fair enough. I think Mount is good but he may well end up battling with Foden for a place in England's midfield. As I said, I'm not convinced by Abraham but think James may become an England squad regular. Hudson-Odoi is clearly talented but he's now way behind Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Maddison, Grealish, Foden, Oxlade-Chamberlain and others in his position.

Back