Chelsea fans memories of '85

Status
Not open for further replies.

I bet almost none of them still go to the Bridge regularly.

Chelsea are a perfect example of how being successful prices a club's fans out of football

Was looking for a video to put in the Bud thread and saw a link to this, makes for an interesting read.

http://forums.cfcnet.co.uk/topic/38994-chelsea-vs-sunderland-milk-cup-semi-final-1985/

Still ranks as my best night watching Sunderland

So much rubbish posted on there.

I was at both games and Chelsea didn't wreck Roker Park, have Sunderland supporters appear on a 'grass bank' or march to the ground together.
They were very timid and straight back on the coaches. As they left Sunderland most had windows put out but none got off them.

2,000 at the away leg :lol: there were probably that many locked out ffs.

The Chelsea, in the cages next to us, didn't attack anyone.
They were throwing coins until we started ripping up the concrete terracing and hoying big lumps at them ..... they shit their pants and whinged to the polis.

They invaded the pitch and stopped before they got to the Sunderland end ......... not one punch thrown.

The only fighting was in the stand to our right where Sunderland had got in and had running battles all through the game.

Absolute bullshit, so bad they don't even know the score or how many we took down.

I was at both games and Chelsea didn't wreck Roker Park, have Sunderland supporters appear on a 'grass bank' or march to the ground together.
They were very timid and straight back on the coaches. As they left Sunderland most had windows put out but none got off them.

The Chelsea, in the cages next to us, didn't attack anyone.
They were throwing coins until we started ripping up the concrete terracing and hoying big lumps at them ..... they shit their pants and whinged to the polis.

They invaded the pitch and stopped before they got to the Sunderland end ......... not one punch thrown.

The only fighting was in the stand to our right where Sunderland had got in and had running battles all through the game.

Absolute bullshit, so bad they don't even know the score or how many we took down.
No more than 2000 Sunderland at Stamford Bridge :lol:. Just watched the footage on YouTube and although you can't see all of our end there's loads more than 2000 in the shot!

The grass bank was referenced to a game in '75 and mentions everyone in green jumpers with stars on? I think the lad had been on an acid trip!

I have loads of fond memories of piling out of Roker down the lush grassed embankment bedecked in my starry green jumper

was an apprentice at the time and played the nick to go to the replay. was canny dodgy like and i'm not afraid to say i was a bit on edge.
cockney bastards, never liked them.

No more than 2000 Sunderland at Stamford Bridge :lol:. Just watched the footage on YouTube and although you can't see all of our end there's loads more than 2000 in the shot!
We didn't have the whole end, there were definitely Chelsea fans to the left and right of us in the end. I was probably as close into the middle of our end as you could get and pleased of it when the whole ground seemed to empty onto the pitch. As Riv says tho' it was all kids handbags stuff as there was no real actual fighting inside. Outside was scary as hell mind as the whole place was going up and I needed to get back to my brothers place just off Fulham Broadway. Couldn't believe it when we got back in one piece, was the most scared and exhilarated I've ever been in one night.

All of the lads I know (including me) that went - never got in!
I did get in (£5) but lads many others didnt , We were on strike at the time and the cheeky twats had abucket collection for "save the bridge"

To my shame, I have to say it's the only time I've ever pushed in ....... sorry :rolleyes:

There were 1000's outside and the polis totally lost control after holding the coaches back.

The police were piling people off coaches all over London - we were in the car and after about 15 minutes of the game we gave up there were still loads of coaches coming in and others had been turned round on the Motorway. Listened to the second half in a service station with a mini bus full from Quarrington Hill.

I did get in (£5) but lads many others didnt , We were on strike at the time and the cheeky twats had abucket collection for "save the bridge"

Was that the day the strike finished ?

We didn't have the whole end, there were definitely Chelsea fans to the left and right of us in the end. I was probably as close into the middle of our end as you could get and pleased of it when the whole ground seemed to empty onto the pitch. As Riv says tho' it was all kids handbags stuff as there was no real actual fighting inside. Outside was scary as hell mind as the whole place was going up and I needed to get back to my brothers place just off Fulham Broadway. Couldn't believe it when we got back in one piece, was the most scared and exhilarated I've ever been in one night.
No but even on this, if we are only in the middle there's more than 2000 in there! Around 3 minutes 15 seconds.

Looking at the gap between us makes me wonder how I managed to fling a dinner plate sized lump of concrete at Chelsea.

It hit the top of the railings like a dambuster bomb and they all went quiet.

People around me were saying, "FFS give the lad a bit room for his swing." :lol:

Good memories just shows how the fortunes of clubs change Chelsea gone from a workin
Was looking for a video to put in the Bud thread and saw a link to this, makes for an interesting read.

http://forums.cfcnet.co.uk/topic/38994-chelsea-vs-sunderland-milk-cup-semi-final-1985/

Still ranks as my best night watching Sunderland

Cracking footage mate to be fair decent Chelsea fans at the time were not like they are now stuck up posh ***** out for a day out they were working class fans just shows we have had some canny days following safc

Ken Bates was saying the day before the game that SAFC fans would have the full end (10000 capacity ?????). The turnstiles were closed long before kick off and Chelsea fans were let in to the same end instead. We parked our minibus and got within sight of the ground to be told the ground was full and we were pushed onto a coach with the driver being told to drive off - there were a few coaches that the fans weren't allowed to get off. We got off up the road and ended up in a pub listening to it on Radio 2(?) thanks to a lad from Shields behind the bar. Two lads at work the next said their coach was in a convoy that were stopped on the way into London and turned around after a copper got on to tell them our end was full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back