Checked ya pension pot lately?

Where long term investments are concerned I’d not get too bothered about week by week percentages.

I don’t really, just check from time to time. What bothers me is the 13.5% gain in the 3.5 years since I moved to this fund, first year was bad, second went very well and this year pretty poor again. Nothing much I can do about it tho.

Last edited:

I have 3 funds.

Two are on all time highs, the other is 4% off its all time high.

Seeing the parless state of the interest on my modest cash savings, I piled in at the bottom of the crash this time and put all of mine and my wife's ISA allowances for the year in.

The cash would've had to be in the savings account for a couple of decades to see the same gains as the funds have made in 2 months

I may may able to retire before I'm ancient after all

Checked our Vanguard investment fund, which is 80/20 equities
Mar-19 to Mar-20 was down 6% - Years before were 8, 2, 25% gains. So I'm hardly complaining!

VLS80?
I've got one of those, along with one of their target retirement funds (which is about 68/32) & a 100% equity index tracker.
I put an equal amount in each & VLS80 is the worst performing. Always has been.
Yet when you go on MSE forum, it's the one everyone recommends

Over last couple of months I've put a little bit extra in to take advantage of low prices, and now up a decent %. Actually higher than pre crash.

My private pensions are back up to December 31st value

How's everyone else doing?
From 20% down in March, to 2% down now. Delighted with that, and whilst all the advice given, was that it would recover, I never thought it would be so quick. Thought it might take a year or two. That said, it’s ages before I need (hopefully) to drawdown on it.

If I look at the last year 11 aug 2019 to today’s date I’m 1.22% DOWN overall. Can anyone else make a similar comparison on their fund? I might need to switch, again.

If I look at the last year 11 aug 2019 to today’s date I’m 1.22% DOWN overall. Can anyone else make a similar comparison on their fund? I might need to switch, again.
I'm up 6% from mid August last year. But down 3% from February.

It's not a massive pot, although I'm assuming it would have behaved the same regardless of amount.

Edit up 17% from mid March figure. Mid March is the lowest it's been since the back end of 2018.

Last edited:

Switching probably involves fees, so it could cost more in long run. And there's no guarantee that a fund that performed better is going to perform better next year etc
Markets are up about 2% so far today, so could be fully recovered tomorrow

With the tory party likely to be in government forever, the retirement age will be in the late 70s when some of the 20 odd years old people on here retire.

or even up to 80.

still they won, but corbyn lost and to be fair as Jacob Rees mogg said, the brexit benefit will arrive in fifty years time.

good luck

Switching probably involves fees, so it could cost more in long run. And there's no guarantee that a fund that performed better is going to perform better next year etc
Markets are up about 2% so far today, so could be fully recovered tomorrow
FTSE100 up 2.4% up today as I type, despite the doom and gloom surrounding unemployment figures. Not sure where that's come from.

FTSE100 up 2.4% up today as I type, despite the doom and gloom surrounding unemployment figures. Not sure where that's come from.

Most of the companies on the FTSE100 are big multinationals, so the UK employment rate shouldn't affect it too much. All the Europeans indecies are also up by similar amounts

Most of the companies on the FTSE100 are big multinationals, so the UK employment rate shouldn't affect it too much. All the Europeans indecies are also up by similar amounts
That would explain it I guess. Whilst I don't scrutinise my online pension activity that much, it does seem to rise and fall in a similar trend to that of FTSE gains and losses. I'm not that switched on with this stuff, but I'll look at my pension pot tomorrow with interest, given todays activity.

Back