Checked ya pension pot lately?

What's a pension pot?
It's when you're a pensioner and bedbound so requiring a pot. If you end up eithout a pot to piss im...
My retire in 18 months plan may have just gone down the shutter. I'd probably be better wiping my arse on the pension and saving bog roll
Not that good an investment, too many people bought a garage full in 2020 and control the market

Last edited:
Just taken a peek and it's not as bad as I thought. One pot is down 3% YTD and the other 6%. I'm heavily invested in US funds which helps.

Anyone checked recently 😬😬
Nope. Worried though. Tories sheer incompetence has severely damaged it.
Just looked, down 16.5% from where it was around March/April. Hopefully it's recovered a bit before the end of the tax year or I'll be disillusioned about sticking more in.
No. Now is the time to keep putting more in. Sounds odd but as asset prices crash you need to buy them up for when the market eventually bounces back. Might take a while though….

Last edited:
I’m only 34 and got a few as have had different jobs. One I had where I worked for nearly a decade has lost a bit on checking it. While thing is a shitshow.

For organisations that pay guaranteed pension levels, eg much of the public sector, they are presumably going to have to at least temporarily put more money in to keep their pensions afloat until they are in a position to bounce back in terms of profiting from investments.

For organisations that pay guaranteed pension levels, eg much of the public sector, they are presumably going to have to at least temporarily put more money in to keep their pensions afloat until they are in a position to bounce back in terms of profiting from investments.

It's a long term game and the funds will be very well diversified. A gilts crash and a uk share hiccup wont change much. If they have big USD exposure performance will be stronger in fact.

I've genuinely lost about £40k since the start of the year and that's before the mini budget and not factoring in inflation. I used to check it/them quite regularly; I now check far less frequently and, when I do, it's a bit like pulling back a plaster to see how the wound is doing. Nothing I can do about it so no point in getting stressed.

Back