Checkatrade round two possible opponents.

Its clearly gonna be Walsall, we all know it. Playing them 3 times in the space of a few weeks - some might say that's almost coincidental...

As daft as it sounds the u21 sides should exit at the group stage.

Then theyve gained that experience and the lower league clubs can carry on THEIR competition.

A good cup in the eyes of many no doubt before it was shafted like this.

how many of the 16 u-23 sides have made it through though ?

Ironically some will.

when is next round like, December ??

Having won our group (group A) we will face a runner-up from group E, F, G or H, so potential opponents will be.

Walsall, Oldham, Doncaster, Notts County or Lincoln. Doncaster and Notts County play each other tonight for the runner-up spot in their group.

Doncaster hopefully best chance of getting knocked out.

5.1.2 Round of 32.

(i) The eight winners and eight runners up of the north and south group stages qualify for the round of 32. All other Clubs are eliminated from the Competition.

(ii) The round of 32 pairings are determined by means of a draw whereby the winner of a group will be drawn at home and will play a runner up of a group from the same region (but not from the same group).

(iii) Subject to the requirement above, the League shall determine the format of, and conduct, the draw to determine the round of 32.

(iv) Matches will be of ninety minutes duration, with no extra time. If the scores are level then the winners shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB.

5.1.3 Round of 16.

(i) The 16 winners from the Round of 32 will contest the round of 16.

(ii) The round of 16 pairings are determined by means of an unseeded draw but on a regionalised basis (North and South). The League shall determine the placing of Clubs in each of the two regions prior to the draw.

(iii) The Club drawn first is the Home Club.

(iv) Matches will be of ninety minutes duration, with no extra time. If the scores are level then the winners shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB.

5.1.4 Quarter Finals.

(i) The eight winners from the Round of 16 will contest the quarter-finals.

(ii) Quarter-final pairings are determined by means of an unseeded draw. There will be no regionalisation of the draw.

5.1.5 Semi Finals.

(i) The four winners from the quarter-finals will contest the semi-finals.

(ii) Semi-final pairings are determined by means of an unseeded draw.

(iv) Matches will be played by way of only one leg and be of ninety minutes duration with no extra time. If the scores are level at the end of the Match then the winners shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB.

5.1.6 Final.

(i) The two winners from the semi-finals will contest the final.

(ii) The final shall be played on a date and at a time to be determined by the League.

(iii) The Match will be of ninety minutes duration. If the scores are level at the end of the Match then there will be a period of extra time of thirty minutes duration. If the scores remain level after extra time then the winners shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB.

Walsall it is then.

My mate is Walsall supporter and we’ve waited about 15 years for a game so heading down next weekend... then again the week after! So this would be about right!

Back