Cheapest / Most Expensive Pint...

..pre-match.

Where can they be purchased and how much are they?

Let’s just say lager to keep it simple.
Ask for four when he/she is pulling the fourth or turns to put money in the till put one pint on the floor between your feet. Confusion on her/his face at first then smiles as she says “I’m sure I poured four” and pours the fifth. :lol:

Mind how you get your ill gotten pint to the table is your business.

Paid £5.10 for a Peroni in firestation the other day.

Few of me mates are into all that craft beer stuff whereas I’m not particularly keen. The bars that are decent for that sort of thing like Dun Cow, Firestation charge through the nose for a lager.

I had a 1/3 of a pint in Durham last week for an 11% stout that cost £6.50

Very nice it was, but not sure it was £19.50 a pint nice
Head of steam?

Fire station charge a fortune to keep what they think is the riffraff out. Was talking to a lad who works there.

I like port of call pre-match.

Last edited:
Paid £5.10 for a Peroni in firestation the other day.

Few of me mates are into all that craft beer stuff whereas I’m not particularly keen. The bars that are decent for that sort of thing like Dun Cow, Firestation charge through the nose for a lager.
The Firestation was decent for ale for about 2 weeks after it opened. Then it went to shite.

I had a 1/3 of a pint in Durham last week for an 11% stout that cost £6.50

Very nice it was, but not sure it was £19.50 a pint nice
Market tavern?

New beer place opened up just down from the angel if you’re into it

Last edited:
Head of steam?

Fire station charge a fortune to keep what they think is the riffraff out. Was talking to a lad who works there.

I like port of call pre-match.

Port of Call charges plenty for Beavertown stuff and the odd occasion they get Cloudwater in.

The Firestation was decent for ale for about 2 weeks after it opened. Then it went to shite.
They’re one of the places doing the new Vaux beers so will be visiting.

Port of Call charges plenty for Beavertown stuff and the odd occasion they get Cloudwater in.

They’re one of the places doing the new Vaux beers so will be visiting.
It was great when first opened. Oakham and all my faves. Everytime been in since only had 1 or 2 crap beers on. Every pint I've tried in The Peacock I've had to take back so just have lager if i ever go on. Same problem in Chaplin's. Some decent beer in but everytime been in it's been off.

It was great when first opened. Oakham and all my faves. Everytime been in since only had 1 or 2 crap beers on. Every pint I've tried in The Peacock I've had to take back so just have lager if i ever go on. Same problem in Chaplin's. Some decent beer in but everytime been in it's been off.

Peacock is very hit and miss. And the manager (I assume) will try to bullshit you.

Was pulling a pint that you could tell was at the very end of the cask. As in bubbling through the pump and not settling.

Kept trying to fob me off with ‘oh no this is just how it is!’ :lol:

Peacock is very hit and miss. And the manager (I assume) will try to bullshit you.

Was pulling a pint that you could tell was at the very end of the cask. As in bubbling through the pump and not settling.

Kept trying to fob me off with ‘oh no this is just how it is!’ :lol:
My mate has told me similar stories about him.

Edit. In Market Tavern in Durham i got a Swedish Blonde in a carling glass. It was a right mess. Lad behind bar said it's supposed to be like that it's a craft beer. I just walked out :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Back