Cheap Tyres fitted

No, but the point is to have 4 tyres the same and wear them evenly. Tyres are your only contact patch with the road, you don’t want your loved ones in a car that has less grip than it needs.
Totally agree with you but, budgets on a fiesta are fine if the car is driven properly. Unless it's an st and he's a young idiot who thinks he's Lewis Hamilton.

I've had quick cars all my life and heavily modded them for years and done track days with cars and bikes that I've owned. Ive always put the best tyres on mine but some can't afford it.

You don’t choose a tyre based on how quickly it wears though. Performance of a tyre is many things including water displacement, grip in different conditions etc.
This!

There was similar thread to this way back. And there is great deal of tyre snobbery about.
Cheaper tyres offer just the same safety standards as the "popular brand names" it all depends on what type of motoring you do.
If you just drive around the town on a daily commute and no great motorway journey's, then there is no point in chucking away good money on more expensive tyres - the cheaper ones will do the job perfectly and just as safe.

Snobbery :lol:, more like common sense mate because what happens when someone can't stop in time when they need to do an emergency stop with cheap tyres they've bought simply on price without checking grip ratings? You don't need to buy premium tyres as there are plenty mid range tyres that are just a few quid more could possibly help you stop quicker depending on speed.

Watch this video just after 2 mins of a 50mph stop test in the wet. The Dunlops stop in less than 100m yet the others take another 44m or about 40% more distance! If people drove at the correct distance from the car in front then budget tyres may well be an good option but it's rare this happens these days.

Front end grip is paramount on a front wheel drive car. 70% of braking is done on the front wheels as is the grip for cornering because the front wheels are pulling the car around the corner not pushing it like a rear wheel drive car.
Under heavy braking the force/weight is on the front wheels will be considerable to the back also.

When, like me you are very poor, how long they stay legal can be the only consideration . Now please, stop being tyresome .
Depends on the car you drive as you can buy a good rated tyre for grip for £40-£80 in my opinion for most 'normal' cars.

I wonder how many people know about the rating system? Here is a quote of the info from National tyres as it is on other websites the more you read into it. Now imagine someone trying to stop in an emergency? Is it worth saving a few quid in the hope you never really need your tyres to stop you quickly, possibly in poor conditions?

Fuel economy- The difference between each category means a reduction or increase in fuel consumption of 3-4%.
Grip - The difference in each category can mean an extra one to two car lengths (3-6 metres) on the stopping distance.

This is why I'd never buy any tyre that is less than B rated for wet. Tyres like Goodyear Efficientgrip and Dunlop Sport Response seem decent rated for tyres I buy myself and family members.

I'm looking to get get all 4 new tyres fitted in time for the winter (all of mine are quite badly worn). Where is the cheapest places people can recommend.

Ford Fiesta. The ford garage quoted £280, this will be cheaper in smaller garages though.

Any suggestions?

THOR'd from my post elsewhere for someone asking about 19" tyres ;)

I use a combination of websites to get an idea of tyres but normally aim for at least B rating in wet and C in fuel economy and something no more than 70db. For most mid range cars, the Goodyear Efficientgrip and Dunlop Sports are class IMO. You can start here as this website gives an idea of tyre size reviews and then also gives a price comparison for most websites.

245 35 19 Tyres reviews - Tyre Reviews

There's these below on Black Circles for example that give more mileage but then you lose on fuel economy as they're rated E and also rated B for stopping in wet/braking. This can end up adding a lot more to fuel costs and basically cost you more than a more expensive tyre with better fuel economy.

Welcome to the Blackcircles.com Help & Support Centre

You can get an idea here where the ratings come from.

National Tyres and Autocare - Complete Guide To Tyre Labelling

Note the info from National tyres as it is on other websites the more you read into it.

Fuel economy- The difference between each category means a reduction or increase in fuel consumption of 3-4%.
Grip - The difference in each category can mean an extra one to two car lengths (3-6 metres) on the stopping distance.

It's also about the way a driver treats the car of course and you won't make loads of huge savings trying to work out costs using the labelling but you can make some. This is why I go for B grip at most (A is a bonus) as I don't care if it costs a bit more, I want to stop in a shorter distance if I ever have to! I'm happy with a C rating fuel also

You can also use a calculator like this just to see if it's worth saving money for a tyre given the extra fuel cost of it being cheaper tyre with high fuel economy rating for example.

Tyre Fuel Efficiency Calculator

You do also have road noise and just because it goes up 1 decibel it doesn't mean it's a fraction louder each time. Be wary of mid 70's decibel tyres as you'll get a lot of road noise in car so the radio will need to be louder to kill the constant drone when on a motorway.

This!

Snobbery :lol:, more like common sense mate because what happens when someone can't stop in time when they need to do an emergency stop with cheap tyres they've bought simply on price without checking grip ratings? You don't need to buy premium tyres as there are plenty mid range tyres that are just a few quid more could possibly help you stop quicker depending on speed.

Watch this video just after 2 mins of a 50mph stop test in the wet. The Dunlops stop in less than 100m yet the others take another 44m or about 40% more distance! If people drove at the correct distance from the car in front then budget tyres may well be an good option but it's rare this happens these days.

Under heavy braking the force/weight is on the front wheels will be considerable to the back also.

Depends on the car you drive as you can buy a good rated tyre for grip for £40-£80 in my opinion for most 'normal' cars.

I wonder how many people know about the rating system? Here is a quote of the info from National tyres as it is on other websites the more you read into it. Now imagine someone trying to stop in an emergency? Is it worth saving a few quid in the hope you never really need your tyres to stop you quickly, possibly in poor conditions?

This is why I'd never buy any tyre that is less than B rated for wet. Tyres like Goodyear Efficientgrip and Dunlop Sport Response seem decent rated for tyres I buy myself and family members.

THOR'd from my post elsewhere for someone asking about 19" tyres ;)

I use a combination of websites to get an idea of tyres but normally aim for at least B rating in wet and C in fuel economy and something no more than 70db. For most mid range cars, the Goodyear Efficientgrip and Dunlop Sports are class IMO. You can start here as this website gives an idea of tyre size reviews and then also gives a price comparison for most websites.

245 35 19 Tyres reviews - Tyre Reviews

There's these below on Black Circles for example that give more mileage but then you lose on fuel economy as they're rated E and also rated B for stopping in wet/braking. This can end up adding a lot more to fuel costs and basically cost you more than a more expensive tyre with better fuel economy.

You can get an idea here where the ratings come from.

National Tyres and Autocare - Complete Guide To Tyre Labelling

Note the info from National tyres as it is on other websites the more you read into it.

It's also about the way a driver treats the car of course and you won't make loads of huge savings trying to work out costs using the labelling but you can make some. This is why I go for B grip at most (A is a bonus) as I don't care if it costs a bit more, I want to stop in a shorter distance if I ever have to! I'm happy with a C rating fuel also

You can also use a calculator like this just to see if it's worth saving money for a tyre given the extra fuel cost of it being cheaper tyre with high fuel economy rating for example.

Tyre Fuel Efficiency Calculator

You do also have road noise and just because it goes up 1 decibel it doesn't mean it's a fraction louder each time. Be wary of mid 70's decibel tyres as you'll get a lot of road noise in car so the radio will need to be louder to kill the constant drone when on a motorway.
Thank you Mr Clarkson

Ford Fiestas are front wheel drive so, put budgets on the back ( around £40 each) and good ones on the front ( £70 each) £ 200 to £250 should do it.
Always put the best tyres on the back. Its the back end that causes problems with crashes.

Do not do this. Try going round a wet corner and have the fronts grip more than the rears. Your going to 180 very quickly.

I hate buying tyres, trying to get prices from local places over the phone is a nightmare. They’ll sell you a Dunlop or a pirelli, and completely ignore which model is it. Every manufacturer do a variety in varying wet/dry grip, wear rate, economy ect ect.

What you should do is go to somewhere like black circles or my tyres and search for ones that suit your driving. If your driving round town then tyre noise and wear are probably lower in your list compared to grip to poor weather. If you doing loads of motorway cruising some that are quieter and give and extra mile or two mpg at the cost of some cornering grip (which you don’t do much of anyway) are more appealing.
Exactly.

No, but the point is to have 4 tyres the same and wear them evenly. Tyres are your only contact patch with the road, you don’t want your loved ones in a car that has less grip than it needs.
Always tell people this, if you draw around the part of your tyre that is actually in contact with the road using a crayon times that by four and you have the area that is between you and the tarmac at 70mph in the wet.

Had my motor in the garage yesterday. Past few weeks Ive felt like a juttering when doing tight turns.
Every mechanical bit was fine thankfully, put down to odd tyres/tyrewear and I trust their opinion.

Fucker goes through them like no mans business though. Keeping similar ware of the feckers Id need 3 or 4 pair a year.

Had some unreal part worns in the past but the bother is getting matches. Last time I managed that I had a fecking blow out a month after.

If you buy from Kwik Fit online and then book your slot they're as cheap as Black Circles. Got 4 x Dunlop Bluresponse Sport fitted for £60 each on a Golf.

These tyres are top notch it has to be said and have come top on many tyre tests.
Been told my front tyres will need replacing soon, Golf also. I was looking at Black Circles but work next to Kwick Fit so that's handy to know. £60 each seems a decent price.

Had my motor in the garage yesterday. Past few weeks Ive felt like a juttering when doing tight turns.
Every mechanical bit was fine thankfully, put down to odd tyres/tyrewear and I trust their opinion.

Fucker goes through them like no mans business though. Keeping similar ware of the feckers Id need 3 or 4 pair a year.

Had some unreal part worns in the past but the bother is getting matches. Last time I managed that I had a fecking blow out a month after.

Q7?

Back