Cheap Tyres fitted

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Nathan Gunn, Oct 11, 2018 at 10:58 AM.

1. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

Canny lads there like. They've looked after my Honda from new (14 years and still going strong :cool:)

2. HANDSOME_DAN

HANDSOME_DAN Central Defender

Agree that they will all meet a legal minimum standard but a cheap tyre won’t stop or grip like a premium one. Agree that the benefit of this varies, if you are on the motorway every day you derive a lot more benefit than if you never drive above 30mph.

Obsessed with Burnetts you like Moo

3. Stubbs ftm

Stubbs ftm Winger

Place just off wessy way behind the renault garage next to McDonald's are canny, as are foremost at suddick

4. Falconhoof

Falconhoof Winger

I'm now getting adverts for truck tyres at the bottom of the page :lol:

5. joemcdokes

joemcdokes Striker

Continentals are probably the poorest tyres from the branded makes for wear, that I've had.

DisillusionedOldGit likes this.
  6. Frijj

Frijj Striker

£280 is a bit steep mind. I paid £110 for two tyres last month, not shite ones either

7. powburn red

powburn red Midfield

Mags or MLFS..?

8. Taffyduck

Taffyduck Winger

Ford Fiestas are front wheel drive so, put budgets on the back ( around £40 each) and good ones on the front ( £70 each) £ 200 to £250 should do it.

9. ravydavygravy

ravydavygravy Striker

It's the other way round strangely enough. Good tyres on the back.

PTR and Frijj like this.
  10. Rizla

Rizla Winger

If you buy from Kwik Fit online and then book your slot they're as cheap as Black Circles. Got 4 x Dunlop Bluresponse Sport fitted for £60 each on a Golf.

These tyres are top notch it has to be said and have come top on many tyre tests.

Dhobey Bucket likes this.
  11. HANDSOME_DAN

HANDSOME_DAN Central Defender

Agree conti aren’t good for wear

12. anth

anth Midfield

Do not do this. Try going round a wet corner and have the fronts grip more than the rears. Your going to 180 very quickly.

I hate buying tyres, trying to get prices from local places over the phone is a nightmare. They’ll sell you a Dunlop or a pirelli, and completely ignore which model is it. Every manufacturer do a variety in varying wet/dry grip, wear rate, economy ect ect.

What you should do is go to somewhere like black circles or my tyres and search for ones that suit your driving. If your driving round town then tyre noise and wear are probably lower in your list compared to grip to poor weather. If you doing loads of motorway cruising some that are quieter and give and extra mile or two mpg at the cost of some cornering grip (which you don’t do much of anyway) are more appealing.

PTR likes this.
  13. Taffyduck

Taffyduck Winger

It's a Ford Fiesta mate not a Ferrari :lol:

14. daveyc

daveyc Winger

Understeer is preferable to oversteer though, no matter what car you're in.

PTR and anth like this.
  15. Sam Handwich

Sam Handwich Winger

Aye, and not so hot if your just doing your daily commute then suddenly find you need to be in London in less time than it takes to drive there.

16. Taffyduck

Taffyduck Winger

Exactly. Try and oversteer a front wheel drive car and come back to me ;)

Even with bald rear tyres it's very difficult if you don't know how. If you do happen to do it ( mistakenly) you're on ice or a plain lunatic who shouldn't be driving.

In which case it doesn't matter what fucking tyres are on the car.

Front end grip is paramount on a front wheel drive car. 70% of braking is done on the front wheels as is the grip for cornering because the front wheels are pulling the car around the corner not pushing it like a rear wheel drive car.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 1:03 AM
  17. Jack Wolforskin

Jack Wolforskin Midfield

I've just got shot of 300 + tyres.

18. taipeisafc

taipeisafc Winger

Pirelli are Chinese owned now anyway, Chemchina bought them a couple of years ago.

19. Chicken Kiev

Chicken Kiev Central Defender

Me pal out the gym, Tones Tyres in Plainsy Club car park, he will beat anyone.

DisillusionedOldGit likes this.
  20. anth

anth Midfield

No, but the point is to have 4 tyres the same and wear them evenly. Tyres are your only contact patch with the road, you don’t want your loved ones in a car that has less grip than it needs.

black cat in france likes this.