Cheap Tyres fitted

Tyres are a bugger to buy, its not like you can try them and see which is best.

That said, I've always found Dunlops to be a good mix of vfm and performance. Their reviews are almost always really good.
Dunlop SportMaxx or whatever they're currently called would be my recommendation - Black Circles, and I always pay the extra tenner to have the mobile fitter come to my house (do a better job than the local garage tied to Black Circles).

Don't buy cheap shite though. Missus had a bad nail puncture last year, and had to fit the only tyres in stock for her Fiesta (odd size, apparently. The wheels, not the missus) in the local area. They were some chinese no-brand crap.
6 months later one exploded into dust on the A19 at 70mph. Can't believe she didn't have a bad accident.

When, like me you are very poor, how long they stay legal can be the only consideration . Now please, stop being tyresome .
When I was a kid I used to think those white walls were brilliant . One of the very few car owners in our shitty street had a Vauxhall Wyvern with white walls . My dad Hated him . But there again my dad hated everyone, including me of course . The kernt . I would hate anyone who had white walls now though .

Wessington way tyres are cheap, my car share mate got a full set for less than £200 and they've been spot on, i paid more than that for two but neither of us have had problems. If you drive correctly then theres no difference in my opinion, illI be getting cheap ones next time.

Tyres are a bugger to buy, its not like you can try them and see which is best.

That said, I've always found Dunlops to be a good mix of vfm and performance. Their reviews are almost always really good.
Dunlop SportMaxx or whatever they're currently called would be my recommendation - Black Circles, and I always pay the extra tenner to have the mobile fitter come to my house (do a better job than the local garage tied to Black Circles).

Don't buy cheap shite though. Missus had a bad nail puncture last year, and had to fit the only tyres in stock for her Fiesta (odd size, apparently. The wheels, not the missus) in the local area. They were some chinese no-brand crap.
6 months later one exploded into dust on the A19 at 70mph. Can't believe she didn't have a bad accident.
Made us all late for work though didn't she :evil:

I'm looking to get get all 4 new tyres fitted in time for the winter (all of mine are quite badly worn). Where is the cheapest places people can recommend.

Ford Fiesta. The ford garage quoted £280, this will be cheaper in smaller garages though.

Any suggestions?
Believe it or not Kwik fit were the cheapest for the 2 budget tyres I just hoyed on me van. They were 20p cheaper than black circles who came in second :lol:

Made us all late for work though didn't she :evil:
Including me - as she was really shaken up and I had to drive up to Castle Eden and check on her.

Mind, I think she did a cracking job of getting the car to the side of the road without hitting anything and causing a really major jam.

Michelin are the best imo, generally. They last for ages too so are decent value if you can afford the initial outlay. If someone is skint I can understand why they would buy cheap tyres but people who can afford a nice car and then out Chinese tyres on it have their priorities wrong.

I'm looking to get get all 4 new tyres fitted in time for the winter (all of mine are quite badly worn). Where is the cheapest places people can recommend.

Ford Fiesta. The ford garage quoted £280, this will be cheaper in smaller garages though.

Any suggestions?
I tried everywhere in Sunderland and SEM just off north hylton road beat everyone mate.

There was similar thread to this way back. And there is great deal of tyre snobbery about.
Cheaper tyres offer just the same safety standards as the "popular brand names" it all depends on what type of motoring you do.
If you just drive around the town on a daily commute and no great motorway journey's, then there is no point in chucking away good money on more expensive tyres - the cheaper ones will do the job perfectly and just as safe.

There was similar thread to this way back. And there is great deal of tyre snobbery about.
Cheaper tyres offer just the same safety standards as the "popular brand names" it all depends on what type of motoring you do.
If you just drive around the town on a daily commute and no great motorway journey's, then there is no point in chucking away good money on more expensive tyres - the cheaper ones will do the job perfectly and just as safe.

That's not true though.

A car on Michelin PS4s will stop much much quicker than car on YingYangs.

There’s a place down Hendon does part worns. The place is made up of freight containers. Top notch service and cheap as chips.

Can’t remmeber the name though. Sorry
Had them put on a shit car I had. Roll up, they hoy some tyres on, roll away. Something like £80 for four tyres on a Honda HRV. Did the job at the time.

Back