Cheap Holidays

Too right is is expensive! We are talking £133 just going!

Why won't I get a package holiday for 5 days? That seems quite long to me. It is in Unipres terms. It is more than we are allowed outside of the statutory holiday periods.

Huh?:?::?::confused::confused:

Ok so run me through a hypothetical scenario. I go to the lass in the travel shop place and say I want a holiday to Belgium. She asks me whether I want self-catering, B&B or whatever and then asks me where I want to stay. If I opt for B&B it is only bed and the breakfast. Anything else I have to pay for. If I go for "All-Inclusive" I only pay for food and drink. Again anything else like bed I have to pay for. Am I right?

I had assumed re: flying that when you tell the lass at the travel shop that you want to go on holiday somewhere you paying for everything. I didn't know you had to pay for the flight there separate to the flight back which is separate to the type of accomodation I go for. So I will first likely have to pay for the plane out and then the plane back (which is somehow more expensive) and then plan and pay for the hotel or whatever I am staying in.

So if I went on Jet2 flights and booked what would happen once I got to Italy or wherever I went to?

Why would I? I have never been on a plane before or gone on a foreign holiday abroad.

Jet2 do city breaks for 3 or 4 days (if you're looking at a Paris / Rome type holiday. With city breaks the bus to/from airport isnt included in price. They do offer it for extra.

For flexibility of days you could look at Benidorm. Theres about 4 or 5 flights everyday from Newcastle & its fairly cheap. And if you want a more romantic setting, away from the british part just head off down the old town

I normally wouldnt recommend all inclusive for just 2 adults, but it wont cost that much extra if you didnt always use it & chose to eat out a few times. That way you get a bit of everything to see what sort of holiday you enjoy.

I use Booking.com for all my short term UK stints and longer Sun Holidays.

Skyscanner gets cheapest flights to any destination.

I book car parking and holiday insurance separately.

you may well do, if you go through jet2, ryan air or easy jet and they have a number of flights per week to and from the chosen destination. If you go through TUI or Thomas cook their most popular package holidays are for 7, 10 or 14 days. Some holiday destination only have 1 or 2 flights to and from by a particular tour operator and the holidays / accommodation is booked in either 7, 10 or 14 night slots. It has to be well organised as hundreds of people will be moving through the particular accommodation during the holiday season.

I see. Thanks for your help. That's all very clear. Now I know what offers what. So the lower end of the plane companies are actually better to go with than the higher end of the travel companies because they offer more flights to more places and more often. Travel companies on the other hand only offer holidays for a certain period of time. But I need to be aware that some places may not have Jet2 going to it as it only is accessible by say Ryan Air so I would have to go via Ryan Air rather than Jet2. Another disadvantage is that you can only go for 7, 10 or 14 night slots.

If you choose B&B. That is bed and breakfast. so you have to buy lunch and evening meal or any other snacks and drinks you want.
Full board means bed, breakfast and evening meal.
All inclusive is more popular at Mediterranean / resort holidays. you will get a bed, breakfast, lunch and evening meal. drinks is down to local policy but normally local drinks are free. You pay for that up front as the holiday cost. You only get the freebies when inside your accommodation. yo don't get free meals at another hotel

don't get the holiday package mixed up with booking flights and accomadation separate (different suppliers).

package= flight, transfer, hotel accommodation selected, self catering/ B&B/ full board.

flight only- flight only. you then need to arrange and pay for transfer from airport to accommodation & the accommodation seperatley. so 3 separate payments to be made

I will note all that down so I can learn from it.

Cheers.

SBC does have some issues, which he has previously outlined on here and its not for me to outline them again.

He does lack a bit of street knowledge as he has led a sheltered life due to those issues.

he has done well as opposed to where he was 2 or 3 years ago, his life has moved on and its up to us as decent human beings to help him along a bit more.

he is now trying to do something he has never done before, so we need to help and advise him. well done to him for wanting to expand his experiences.

I do appreciate you may not be aware of SBC issues but he is one of us and a bit of understanding would help him a long way

Well said. That post really warms my heart. I didn't think anyone on here cared. I will be putting that forward as Post of the Year. I will certainly remember it for a long long time.

@Grammar Police is the sort I bet who parks in disabled spaces and laughs at people with disabilities and passes cruel comments about them. I bet he even bullied one at school and never got over it. He comes over as a truly detestable, cruel, vindictive, spiteful, intolerant creature.

SBC woosh!

OK @Grammar Police . We know it's you really.

Last edited:
I see. Thanks for your help. That's all very clear. Now I know what offers what. So the lower end of the plane companies are actually better to go with than the higher end of the travel companies because they offer more flights to more places and more often. Travel companies on the other hand only offer holidays for a certain period of time. But I need to be aware that some places may not have Jet2 going to it as it only is accessible by say Ryan Air so I would have to go via Ryan Air rather than Jet2. Another disadvantage is that you can only go for 7, 10 or 14 night slots.

Cheers.

Well said. That post really warms my heart. I didn't think anyone on here cared. I will be putting that forward as Post of the Year. I will certainly remember it for a long long time.

@Grammar Police is the sort I bet who parks in disabled spaces and laughs at people with disabilities and passes cruel comments about them. I bet he even bullied one at school and never got over it. He comes over as a truly detestable, cruel, vindictive, spiteful, intolerant creature.

That's not funny! ;)

How cheap is Jersey or Guernsey?

I am looking for ideas on FB for places to suggest to my girlfriend. I want to surprise her. I tried going on Jet2 but can't work it. Doesn't seem as if Jet2 fly planes from Newcastle Int. Airport to Jersey. I would have to fly to Leeds Bradford to get the plane to Jersey. All 6 places are accessed from there.

Had more success on EasyJet.

So as @soapster said IIRC not all destinations are accessed by all planes. Some are only accessed by one plane company. He said "Some holiday destination only have 1 or 2 flights to and from by a particular tour operator and the holidays / accommodation is booked in either 7, 10 or 14 night slots". Maybe Jersey can be accessed to by EasyJet and not Jet2.

I am looking for ideas on FB for places to suggest to my girlfriend. I want to surprise her. I tried going on Jet2 but can't work it. Doesn't seem as if Jet2 fly planes from Newcastle Int. Airport to Jersey. I would have to fly to Leeds Bradford to get the plane to Jersey. All 6 places are accessed from there.

So as @soapster said IIRC not all destinations are accessed by all planes. Some are only accessed by one plane company. He said "Some holiday destination only have 1 or 2 flights to and from by a particular tour operator and the holidays / accommodation is booked in either 7, 10 or 14 night slots". Maybe Jersey can be accessed to by EasyJet and not Jet2.

Drive and park at LeedsBradford man its only an hour down the road - its where I fly to when I visit my mam. More destinations as well with Jet2 and Ryanair if you are still wanting to do it cheap

Drive and park at LeedsBradford man its only an hour down the road - its where I fly to when I visit my mam. More destinations as well with Jet2 and Ryanair if you are still wanting to do it cheap
I flew from there to Barcelona a couple of weeks ago as the Newcastle flight times were rubbish. It was no bother at all but longer than an hour. About 1hr45 from Suddick. Mind had to go A1 as A19 was closed overnight.

I flew from there to Barcelona a couple of weeks ago as the Newcastle flight times were rubbish. It was no bother at all but longer than an hour. About 1hr45 from Suddick. Mind had to go A1 as A19 was closed overnight.

Don't think we've ever taken much more than an hour to/from shiney like. Flights get in 11pm and leave 7am so roads are empty like

Don't think we've ever taken much more than an hour to/from shiney like. Flights get in 11pm and leave 7am so roads are empty like
I was driving at 10pm (stayed at Travelodge night before flight) so roads were clear. It was raining quite heavy so didn't go much past 70mph though. Would have been quicker down a19 mind.

Cheers.

Apologies but it really does seem like you're taking the piss.

Apologies but it really does seem like you're taking the piss.

Speaks more about you than me.

More destinations as well with Jet2 and Ryanair if you are still wanting to do it cheap

I tried the Jet2 site first but I couldn't find Jersey as a destination searching myself. Googling "Jersey Holidays" it shows places to stay on the island but as I said all are from LeedsBradford.

EasyJet is far easier to use. Dunno about Ryan Air. Never tried that.

www.jet2holidays.com/deals/results?airport=4_98_63_9_69_1_99_3_5&date=31-05-2019&duration=7&destination=917&flexibility=7&sortorder=1&page=1&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1206481&gclid=CjwKCAjw8e7mBRBsEiwAPVxxiNMHP39_cGTwcNYOCMMit_SG2ZrOkTNMNgDUpmrqvnrpt_XRg96eGRoCrPMQAvD_BwE

One is £714 pp!!

Beachcombers iirc.

That does not probably imclude the price of the flight going and the flight coming back!!

Last edited:

Use a travel agent.
I'm guessing you are in Sunderland
so I found this:
Fulwell Branch | Our Hays Travel Store in Fulwell

Booking online is fine if you are confident but I'd hate to see you book something that isn't right.
As an aside and you don't have to answer, but do you have a bank card (debit or credit)? Most online bookings will want one of these.

Slots you say--this is for you:lol:
Take your butties though as no bait included :lol::lol:

Viva Las Vegas from £599pp!

9th Feb 2020

Flights from Newcastle or Edinburgh
5 nights @ Excalibur - £599pp
5 nights @ Linq - £639pp
5 nights @ Planet Hollywood - £699pp
5 nights @ Paris or Mirage - £759pp

£75pp deposit

This wont be around for long!

Back