Cheap Holidays

Discussion in 'SMB' started by The Breen Machine, May 10, 2019.

1. Looking for a cheap week away in September, somewhere warm, pretty well priced and with enough bars/restaurants without it being too lively.

Any SMB'ers willing to recommend destinations and places to book?

Cheers.

2. TopCat

TopCat Striker

Turkey - guaranteed good weather
    Took the kids to Belek in October a couple of years ago and it was 30-35 every day. Cheap as chips (£500pp) and all inclusive

Depends on what you want out of a holiday I guess

Mackem00 and jackynutmeg like this.
  3. MackneyHackem

MackneyHackem Midfield

4. jackynutmeg

jackynutmeg Winger

We are looking to book our holiday soon and open to where we go but always end up back looking at Turkey.
    We've been 4 times (different parts) and you cant beat it for what you get for your money.

Chesterladmackem likes this.
  5. Sun, cheap beer, nice food, places to visit, enough nightlife.

6. Building up points for a conversion?

7. JJJSSS

JJJSSS Reserve Squad

Tenerife! 1.50€ a pint and decent weather.

Gingga and TopCat like this.
  8. TopCat

TopCat Striker

Same - been about 4 or 5 times over the years. It's not as cheap as it used to be mind you - back in the late 90s I had 2 weeks there and spent less than £300

9. MackemRocker

MackemRocker Goalkeeper

Holiday Pirates is the best site about id say.

i managed to get 7 nights in Malta 4* hotel bed and breakfast for £800 for us both including flights.

Its Him Again likes this.
  10. Just booked up for next year (May). Kos, 2 weeks all inclusive, upgraded room, flights, baggage, transfers and insurance for £800pp

If your on facebook, worth following your local travel agents. My local Hays & Thomas Cook are always posting cheap deals

11. James

James Striker

Valencia, Malaga, Bordeaux, Nice. Anywhere in south of France or Spain. It'll be hot and cheap enough if you use airbnb.

12. houst69

houst69 Striker

Aye Turkey, Bulgaria or Lloret De Mar

13. T_Bone

T_Bone Striker

First time I’ve tried Holiday Pirates really easy and some great steals.

14. PTID

PTID Full Back

Lad at the baths this morning said he had just booked a month in Bulgaria for 500 quid, supposed to be cheap country and though not met many who have been their, those I have had no real complaints

15. googleboogle

googleboogle Midfield

Is cheap such a thing when you have two kids and a wife ? Gone are the £300 quid lads holidays.

Even cheap cheap deals are hitting £2500 for a week in July / aug

Macho and somersetgas like this.
  16. gatopreto

gatopreto Midfield

The Algarve

humbug and Jap Stammer like this.
  17. mcq10

mcq10 Striker

This

Flying from Edinburgh can save a few quid in aug though.

Phil_Harmonic likes this.
  18. riffraff

riffraff Striker

Halkidiki.
    Mainland Greece, left hand prominontary below Thessaloniki. Dirt cheap in comparison with the islands plus you can pop up to see Salonica match if they’re at home. Gets a bit lively if they’re playing an Athens club mind.

Aegina.
    Greek island 16km from Athens. Fly to Athens then get tube to the port then 30 mins on a dolphin or 45 on a ferry. Very handy to pop back ower to Athens for the sites and/or a match featuring one of the umpteen Athens teams. Olympiakos play in rednwhite stripes, just make sure there’s a ferry scheduled to get you back.

chevvies and Keith S30S like this.
  19. JAZZMANB

JAZZMANB Striker

Go to Crete every September
    Some cheap digs on Alpha rooms etc

20. Secret Visage

Secret Visage Winger

Not done the Bulgarian coast but done cities and if they are anything to go by, you'll struggle to spend your money.