Chatrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theyre kinda on their way back in......kind of

Got myself one of them Samsung VR headsets with me new phone and theres a couple of apps now where you create a username and avatar - all the same as in the 90s, but this time your avatar is 3d, its a tangible thing.
Then you go round rooms (the same principle as sites used to have different "rooms" back in the day) and peoples avatars are walking round, or standing there chatting, but its words rather than text. Actual convos.

I havent partaken in it yet :lol: (cos you need to plug headphones in to allow you to converse - must be a privacy feature) but i had a browse and was 'walking' past groups having chats, a few people playing virtual games together.
You can even get the app where your and your mates avatars all get round a virtual table and chat, or watch a streamed video together in a cinema setting. Think PS4 Party functionality but with a heed set on! :lol:
So it might all be gannin round abouts again!

Was in a Counter-Strike clan back in the day and we used I think it was called ICQ.

I'll get in with the Viz entry before @Space Hopper

net pet - n. Amongst the sort of people who habituate internet chatrooms such as Second Life and the like, a boyfriend or girlfriend with whom many hours are spent flirting without actually ever meeting in the flesh. A useful rule of thumb is that a sexually-adventurous blonde, 18-year-old net pet from the Home Counties will, more often than not, turn out to be a toothless 50-year-old Tennessee hillbilly with his dead mum in the fridge and a suit made of fannies.

Was actually a troll thinking back. Used to go on one called Chatropolis must have been late 90's. Mostly Americans. But would be three or four of of us all sat next to each other over at St Peters campus conspiring ways to wind them up usually involving 'Nam - "you weren't there man!"

We must have had no money for beer.

Also discovered this place then too.

Don't think I've been on a 'chatroom' since the old speakeasy on here died off. Used to use it for match days as an exile.

:lol: was just thinking about all that crap the other week. Was funny as fuck at the time seeing what reactions we could get off them. Whole squad of us on a boring night without any beer money heading over to wind everyone up on it for something to do.

On the yahoo one you could paste in a few lines of code which wiped everyones messages off. Great fun with that just spamming it all the time at random instances and blaming some innocent person and watching them all turn on them.

:lol: was just thinking about all that crap the other week. Was funny as fuck at the time seeing what reactions we could get off them. Whole squad of us on a boring night without any beer money heading over to wind everyone up on it for something to do.

On the yahoo one you could paste in a few lines of code which wiped everyones messages off. Great fun with that just spamming it all the time at random instances and blaming some innocent person and watching them all turn on them.
We probably caused the odd US multiple shooting as they broke down over something someone said on the internet.

I used to chat to this lass called Minx67 from Fresno California.. few of us on nightshift would be logged on and they were nearly all American. we would have a right laugh
Fooled ya!

Anyone remember Bix? That was a brilliant place to be when Star Trek TNG came out, because one of its key people (username nagilum, real name Mike Okuda) was an active participant in the Star Trek forums. I must have spent weeks telling him how shite TNG was. :lol:

Last edited:
Met my missus in a chat room back in 2004, still together now.

In reality, or just in the chat room?

I think one of the first I used was Supanet, then went on to the AOL rooms. Plenty of fun in those days :lol:

"SPEAKEASY NOW!" :D

Actually Speakeasy was canny for us exiles to get match day updates. I remember once nobody could find a video or audio link so Bish was relaying a punch by punch commentary.

Try telling that to the kids these days, they wouldn't believe ya!

"SPEAKEASY NOW!" :D

Actually Speakeasy was canny for us exiles to get match day updates. I remember once nobody could find a video or audio link so Bish was relaying a punch by punch commentary.

Try telling that to the kids these days, they wouldn't believe ya!
What is this speakeasy of which you speak of mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back