Charlton the next Bury ?

A high percentage of the fan base are hoping for admin , it will mean the 12 point penalty but there are genuine people out there that would buy the club at a realistic price of around £20 million which would need to include The Valley and training ground. The big problem is the owner of these values them at £50 million based on housing development value , Roland Duchatelet. He has no interest in the club so the future is uncertain. One bit of good news was today the club terminated Chris Farnell IPS Law employment as club solicitor , so Jones won't be coming in and probably the guy Elliott. A small victory. With these situations the crooks seem to make it as complicated as possible to follow what is going on , it does my head in just trying to keep up with it , it changes by the day. The owner now appears to be the fake sheik who bought the club for £1 with a commitment to buy the whole chebang for £50 million within the next 5 years. No serious buyer will agree to that , so a long road ahead. Personally I think admin might be the best outcome , it will get rid of this ESI group and we can start again , like Bolton.
You have to wonder if developing the ground for housing was always the endgame. Bloody shocking.

Best of luck. With all of this madness going on in the background, it makes Lee Bowyer's achievement of getting the team promoted to the Championship even more impressive.
We could easily be next
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls..."

You have to wonder if developing the ground for housing was always the endgame. Bloody shocking.

Best of luck. With all of this madness going on in the background, it makes Lee Bowyer's achievement of getting the team promoted to the Championship even more impressive.

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls..."

I always remember years ago when Fayed got a hold of Fulham, one of his aims was to get them out of Craven Cottage and redevelop it for housing. He even got them to Loftus Road at one point. Fortunately he got blocked. Nice prime bit of land Fulham have mind.

Our embargo has been relaxed slightly since Farnell has been given the boot, seems the EFL really don't like him. Still we can't make signings without their approval and rumours are it's a player sale that's funding it. Also doesn't change the ownership situation, if this lot don't sell soon then it's in the hands of the EFL as to whether we're kicked out or not.

Connor washington next?

Good riddance to both, then.

You would think that after Bury that their cards would be well and truly marked already ? Apparently not.
Getting rid of Farnell seems to have got a thumbs up from the EFL and we are back under the embargo we were under last season , ie we could not increase the playing budget. We don't pay big wages but a couple of the higher paid ones have left , that **** Taylor , Sarr , Solly and all the loan players

I always remember years ago when Fayed got a hold of Fulham, one of his aims was to get them out of Craven Cottage and redevelop it for housing. He even got them to Loftus Road at one point. Fortunately he got blocked. Nice prime bit of land Fulham have mind.
That was way before Al Fayed was involved when they were struggling in the lower leagues.

The reason they ground shared with QPR for a couple of seasons is that they were developing two sides of Craven Cottage to make it an all-seater stadium.

That was way before Al Fayed was involved when they were struggling in the lower leagues.

The reason they ground shared with QPR for a couple of seasons is that they were developing two sides of Craven Cottage to make it an all-seater stadium.

You are probably correct as they had the Fulham 2000 campaign in place throughout the 90's. Fayed submitted redevelopment plans though.
You are probably correct as they had the Fulham 2000 campaign in place throughout the 90's. Fayed submitted redevelopment plans though.

Here's a bit more on some of it

Last edited:

Once he does his due diligence he will probably run a mile
Best of luck to Charlton. A proper club with fans who with less gumption could easily have had their heads turned by more glamorous local neighbours. It does make you wonder what you need to do to fail the EFL's Fit and Proper Person's Test. I'm not sure where football is headed when cash is the only moral currency they acknowledge.

Well this is looking like it might happen , the deal seems to be buying the club and taking over the lease of The Valley and training ground with a view to buying the freeholds at a later date. Interesting that the article mentions he had a look at SAFC and QPR , previously articles have mentioned QPR and Wigan. If this deal does not happen we will probably go into admin. I like his sense of humour , he mentions Europe and the Champions league :lol:

Last edited:
Good riddance to both, then.

You would think that after Bury that their cards would be well and truly marked already ? Apparently not.
Amazes me how same basket cases turn up all ower the shop.
Charles Green is a leader in that sphere mate. “I was only paying myself 800k basic in the Scottish 3rd Division”

Well this is looking like it might happen , the deal seems to be buying the club and taking over the lease of The Valley and training ground with a view to buying the freeholds at a later date. Interesting that the article mentions he had a look at SAFC and QPR , previously articles have mentioned QPR and Wigan. If this deal does not happen we will probably go into admin. I like his sense of humour , he mentions Europe and the Champions league :lol:

Hope it works out for you Charlton lad.
Tough game in the Cup mind ;)

Back