Charlton forum

as he's not a centipede they've got a decent chance of getting the weak one first time tbh

Can’t get near him man. It would be pretty obvious as well. I can’t see a manager telling his players to deliberately target a player who may be carrying an injury. If Bowyer did then it would confirm what most people think of him.

It’s not even out in the press which foot it is.

Makes no odds with McGeady anyway. Every player who he comes up against targets the ball. Very few get it.

And no. Most managers wouldn’t actually. Bowyer would though.

Don't get the ball so more chance of getting the ankle then right?

Most managers wouldn't, in your opinion.

Can’t get near him man. It would be pretty obvious as well. I can’t see a manager telling his players to deliberately target a player who may be carrying an injury. If Bowyer did then it would confirm what most people think of him.
I’m absolutely certain that Bowyer as a player would have no hesitation in stomping on an injured foot. As a manager would he consider it worth it to play the game with 10 men, I doubt it.

Wouldn't really need to be a sending off challenge.

It wouldn’t look natural though. It’ll be obvious if he’s being targeted. Like I say I would put it past bowyer, but he’s a bit thick if he tries it in a big match with sky TV there. Shows how worried you are about him as well :)

Wouldn't really need to be a sending off challenge.
I’m sure the referee is aware of McGeadys injury, to think a deliberate attempt to target that injury wouldn’t attract a card is naive to say the least.
I didn’t realise you were crapping yourselves about him mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m sure the referee is aware of McGeadys injury, to think a deliberate attempt to target that injury wouldn’t attract a card is naive to say the least.
I didn’t realise you were crapping yourselves about him mind.

I didn't say it wouldn't attract a card just not necessarily a red one.

I didn't say it wouldn't attract a card just not necessarily a red one.
As I said, to deliberately target his injury will draw a card. Only takes a second yellow mate, unless your whole team is going to take turns. If that’s the case then I’ve made a grave error of judgement regarding your players.

It wouldn’t look natural though. It’ll be obvious if he’s being targeted. Like I say I would put it past bowyer, but he’s a bit thick if he tries it in a big match with sky TV there. Shows how worried you are about him as well :)

I doubt he would care what the cameras thought if we won the match but anyway will leave it there now. Trust me I'm not as worried about McGeady as you lot seem to be over whether he plays or not. :)

As I said, to deliberately target his injury will draw a card. Only takes a second yellow mate, unless your whole team is going to take turns. If that’s the case then I’ve made a grave error of judgement regarding your players.

We'll see. Would rather they didn't, be good to win with your star man on the pitch ;)

Last edited:
Heard Bowyer on the radio this morning, in all honesty he sounded thick as mince, for a manager anyway. Was quite shocked tbf. Could barely string a sentence together. Obviously doing something right mind.

Last edited:
You won’t Score Sunday. We have failed to score on two occasions in 48 league and playoff games. Your style of play suits us as you are quite open. Sunderland win with or without McGeady. You have too many players who have never played on a big stage.

Back