Charlton forum

Yes they told me it was his Wembley suit , your guy seemed a bit miffed when I told him it wasn't. On the day our team wore a beige number , the suit in the museum is a navy CAFC suit but not the one worn at Wembley 98

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:

Yes they told me it was his Wembley suit , your guy seemed a bit miffed when I told him it wasn't. On the day our team wore a beige number , the suit in the museum is a navy CAFC suit but not the one worn at Wembley 98

Logon or register to see this image
Haha, Mendonca probably told him it was, you wouldn’t argue with him, hard as feck, if he shows this weekend no one will have a pop that for sure

This is what we want your team to think , it's only Charlton. ;)
That won’t happen like. Ross will have done a lot of research on you and your way of playing. Some people on here not his greatest fan but he’s a young manager and learning. No stone will be left unturned. Don’t think for a minute that we have some big club mentality and just have to turn up. Sunday will be a tough game, but I think experience will show this time. The stranglehold in the game will be from midfield I think. But undoubtedly Aribo and Taylor are dangerous players. I’m sure our plan will be to cut off supply to then and press up the pitch.

Whatever happens, all the best. I was there is 98 and it remains a game I will always remember.

Although I’m not keen on Bowyer as a person anyone can see he has done a phenomenal job this season. But think (or maybe it’s hope) that Sunday will be a step too far as I don’t think Charlton will handle the pressure. Time will tell.

I think you maybe right , it was a big blow for us just before the Donny game when Taylor's strike partner got injured ( Igor V ). Parker who we got as Grant's replacement in January was released by Gillingham :rolleyes: and it's shown , he's not on the same level. Taylor is best with a partner up front and we haven't looked the same since Igor got injured. 1998 what a day , I'm just worried if we win again we will never be able to show our faces in Sunderland again ;)

I think you maybe right , it was a big blow for us just before the Donny game when Taylor's strike partner got injured ( Igor V ). Parker who we got as Grant's replacement in January was released by Gillingham :rolleyes: and it's shown , he's not on the same level. Taylor is best with a partner up front and we haven't looked the same since Igor got injured. 1998 what a day , I'm just worried if we win again we will never be able to show our faces in Sunderland again ;)
Isn't there talk of Igor being fit again? Think a few Charlton fans getting excited about Bowyer saying he has a “fully fit squad” ...didn’t clarify if that included him or meaning a fully fit squad taking into account he was ruled out for season?

Where do you see the strengths and weaknesses of both sides?

He usually mentions players if they are out and has been questioned about Igor a fair bit so would expect it to include him. That said he has told a few porkies before to keep the line up somewhat of a surprise.
Big boost for us though as only having 2 fit strikers, one of whom doesn't score, isnt ideal.

If Igor is fit it would be a massive boost for us as him and Taylor were building up a great partnership. Our squad is wafer thin and when we have had injuries and suspensions this season we have lost games , but when everyone is fit we are a good footballing side. After watching our game last Friday our weakness maybe the pressure of the occasion as up until recently we've been scoring goals and been tight at the back and then Friday we couldn't string two passes together. I have only seen your lot at the SOL in August and the return at the Valley plus the scrap at Fratton. From those two games all I would say is you have a good hardworking side. In the second half at the Valley your defence stood firm under a lot of pressure , both games were ' a game of two halves 'and nothing in it .If McGeady is out that will be as boost for us as I know Bowyer was raving about him after the game at the Valley.

I'd be surprised if Bowyer doesn't tell ours to target his ankle. Not saying it's right but reckon most managers would.
It’s not even out in the press which foot it is.

Makes no odds with McGeady anyway. Every player who he comes up against targets the ball. Very few get it.

And no. Most managers wouldn’t actually. Bowyer would though.

Back