Charlton forum

I think we need to be in their faces and play with a bit of tempo. It'll be a completely different game to the ones against Portsmouth. Mind we upped our gamesmanship levels for that, so I'd happily shithouse our way to a scrappy 1 nil win anarl.
If they want shithousery knobberry and the dark arts we’ve proved we are capable of dealing with it, god knows we’ve had plenty of practice. If they want a game of footy we can do that anarl. I’ve a suspicion that this game will go to the team that deals with the occasion better, and whose manager gets it right on the day.

That's terrible logic marra. It's a game of footy and anyone can win, it doesn't follow arbitrary rules like that. I'm confident we have enough
Same here.
I'm also confident we have enough about us, to beat them on Sunday.

Be interesting to see how they cope on Sunday knowing a draw is no good to them. Could say the same about us like but I fancy us to deal with it better. They looked all over the shop when Donny got in and about them. Ross is going to earn his corn with this game.
This. They dominated the opening minutes on Friday until Donny had the brilliant idea of maybe pressing the ball a bit and it quickly evened out.

They are the better side imo, end of the day it will come down to arsehole as Sacko would say, thing that scares me the most is the fact we are 1w 1d this season, results generally even out so they are due a win.

:confused:
Bizarre logic that mind. Good job we’re not playing the mags then.

I think what he means is over the course of a season between evenly matched sides. Like our record against Portsmouth for instance.

Aye but that's like the thing where if I told you I was going to toss a coin 10 times, you'd say you'd expect it to be about equal between heads and tails. If I did it 9 times and it was heads 7 times, tails only twice and I asked you before my 10th throw what you thought it would be you wouldn't say "confident it'll be tails cos it's been heads more often so far", you'd say that on that one last throw it doesn't matter what has happened before, it's still 50/50. If I knew before the season started that we'd play these 3 times and would be close to them in terms of ability and league position aye I'd probably think they'd win one of them. That doesn't make me any less confident now there's only one left and we haven't lost yet!

Last edited:
If they want shithousery knobberry and the dark arts we’ve proved we are capable of dealing with it, god knows we’ve had plenty of practice. If they want a game of footy we can do that anarl. I’ve a suspicion that this game will go to the team that deals with the occasion better, and whose manager gets it right on the day.

Me anarl, We had a great first half against Portsmouth but lost our way in the second half. Ross will focus on that and I'm sure he'll use his subs (when used) are the right ones and at the right time..

I think most sensible Charlton and safc fans realise that this will be a very close game and there's not much quality wise between the 2 teams. I just hope and pray our players all give 8 and 9s out of 10 and if they do I think we will win it

I'm absolutely cacking myself already. I'm normally pretty good at holding my nerves, but the thought of coming away from there after another kick in the stones has me bilious.

Just going by that I sense a mentality of wanting to get one over on 'big club Sunderland'. Characterized by the sentence 'we have much better supporters'

It's the same as the bear pit shite that Portsmouth peddled. Look where that got them.

I watched their second leg. Doncaster ran them close. They have three players who stood out, Taylor (yeah he worries me), Aribo (good player but by no means a world beater) and Dijksteel (full back who though very athletic will be exposed especially if McGeady plays.

We have the quality and the experience to see this through, the only thing that worries me is if the game opens up then it could feasibly end up like 98 and then it's anyone's guess...

Aye but that's like the thing where if I told you I was going to toss a coin 10 times, you'd say you'd expect it to be about equal between heads and tails. If I did it 9 times and it was heads 7 times, tails only twice and I asked you before my 10th throw what you thought it would be you wouldn't say "confident it'll be tails cos it's been heads more often so far", you'd say that on that one last throw it doesn't matter what has happened before, it's still 50/50. If I knew we'd play these 3 times and would be close to them in terms of ability and league position aye I'd probably think they'd win one of them. That doesn't make me any less confident now there's only one left and we haven't lost yet!
I lost interest after the first three words marra - we all know how football works. It's just one of those things and I can see where the lad was coming from.

Back