Charlton forum

Wow.

Charlton v Sunderland final. Pros and Cons

Have a read through this lads, by all accounts we've lost already. Nothing wrong with being positive, but it's quite an alarming superiority complex here.

Didn't realise we were so shite!

Clueless man! Starts by saying "Doncaster.. .in my opinion, were more challenging play off opposition then Portsmouth. For a number of reasons." Then fails to list any of these reasons why it's much better to play the side in 4th who were good enough to be in with a chance of automatic promotion until the last couple of weeks of the season than it is to play the only one of the play off sides to finish well off the pace.

Then a couple of posts later his mate chimes in about how we've lost the last 3 times at Wembley and seemingly forgets we were there in 2014 (I know we lost that as well, but he's giving stats and doesn't even know when we've played there).

Then apparently it's a positive that they came ahead of us (so it's obviously good to be a good side), but it's also a positive that they haven't beaten us yet (so it's also seemingly good to be a bit shit).

Basically they are just grabbing any positive they can. If they'd beaten us twice they would give that as a positive, they wouldn't be saying "they're due to beat us"

I quite like Charlton but that thread is poor. For me, it's as near to a 50/50 game as you can get. Both games between the sides were close and could, if we're being honest, have gone either way. We finished so near each other in the league as to make league position an irrelevance. Both got good players who can win it on their day (especially if McGeady is back). Can't call it and therefore can't see any reason for either side to be massively optimistic, other than through sheer hope/ blind loyalty

Read their ticket allocation thread

Phase 1
ST/SC Valley Gold (must be like our membership scheme) or 100 loyalty points

Phase 2
Those w purchase history

Phase 3
General sale

Good plan but still have about 3.5k unsold as of Monday mid day.
If they only have 3.5k unsold then they've shifted more than we have.

I think this is a pretty fair comment

Their play off game at home was probably their lowest crowd of the season or close to it. That’s a telling indication of a team whose supporters are not convinced their team is particularly good.

They’ve drawn an extraordinary number of games this season. A sign of a team and manager that is too cautious or no winning instinct ?
Be interesting to see how they cope on Sunday knowing a draw is no good to them. Could say the same about us like but I fancy us to deal with it better. They looked all over the shop when Donny got in and about them. Ross is going to earn his corn with this game.

Clueless man! Starts by saying "Doncaster.. .in my opinion, were more challenging play off opposition then Portsmouth. For a number of reasons." Then fails to list any of these reasons why it's much better to play the side in 4th who were good enough to be in with a chance of automatic promotion until the last couple of weeks of the season than it is to play the only one of the play off sides to finish well off the pace.

Then a couple of posts later his mate chimes in about how we've lost the last 3 times at Wembley and seemingly forgets we were there in 2014 (I know we lost that as well, but he's giving stats and doesn't even know when we've played there).

Then apparently it's a positive that they came ahead of us (so it's obviously good to be a good side), but it's also a positive that they haven't beaten us yet (so it's also seemingly good to be a bit shit).

Basically they are just grabbing any positive they can. If they'd beaten us twice they would give that as a positive, they wouldn't be saying "they're due to beat us"

I quite like Charlton but that thread is poor. For me, it's as near to a 50/50 game as you can get. Both games between the sides were close and could, if we're being honest, have gone either way. We finished so near each other in the league as to make league position an irrelevance. Both got good players who can win it on their day (especially if McGeady is back). Can't call it and therefore can't see any reason for either side to be massively optimistic, other than through sheer hope/ blind loyalty
Fair post fella. I think it will come down to experience and who deals with pressure more. And that’s gonna be us every day of the week.

Be interesting to see how they cope on Sunday knowing a draw is no good to them. Could say the same about us like but I fancy us to deal with it better. They looked all over the shop when Donny got in and about them. Ross is going to earn his corn with this game.
I think we need to be in their faces and play with a bit of tempo. It'll be a completely different game to the ones against Portsmouth. Mind we upped our gamesmanship levels for that, so I'd happily shithouse our way to a scrappy 1 nil win anarl.

Back