Charlton fans

NickAddicks

Full Back
What should have been a great weekend I felt was tarnished by a few Charlton fans , rightly described as bellends. They are an embarrassment but it seems like a cancer they are slowly getting more in number. Just to put it out there a more true reflection of Charlton fans is this little story , which will probably never see the light of day but shows what true Charlton fans are about -

We had a great drink in the ISIS Friday night and Dun Cow pre match and had a good chat with the SAFC lads. Good luck for the rest of the season.

What should have been a great weekend I felt was tarnished by a few Charlton fans , rightly described as bellends. They are an embarrassment but it seems like a cancer they are slowly getting more in number. Just to put it out there a more true reflection of Charlton fans is this little story , which will probably never see the light of day but shows what true Charlton fans are about -

We had a great drink in the ISIS Friday night and Dun Cow pre match and had a good chat with the SAFC lads. Good luck for the rest of the season.

đź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Ź

F*cking awesome that. Great story and great link between the clubs. Proper people and a proper way to go on and respect the history of footy in this country.

I certainly don't think ill of Charlton fans mate, just sick of playing you's ha ha. We all have an element of bellendery and fuckwittery in our support mate, all the best, shame I missed you, maybe see you at the Valley later in the season?

Great stuff.

To be honest all the Charlton fans I’ve come across in all our matches over the years have been absolutely spot on.

Decent club, proper fans with no false sense of entitlement and the right amount of self depreciation.

I was certain that their position in the table before yesterday was very misleading - they’ll be fine this season I’ve no doubt.

Sadly there are more and more bellends following every team now. Don’t know if it’s just me getting older and less tolerant but some of the “banter” is just embarrassing.
Agree with this. I've always had a lot of time for Charlton fans but must admit I get sick of hearing the same shite chants (Sunderland's a shithole, cry on the tele, fuck off Adam Johnson, now everyone including some of our knackers have a version of the "on a bender, sex offender" chant etc). Seems like they all hear a crap song on social media and, as they have no originality, all repeat it ad nauseum. Might just be me, but when I go to an away game I'm sure it's 90% Sunderland songs, maybe the odd mag song. Very rare to bother singing about the opposition, but every club that comes here bores us to death with the same old chants. Just seems weird, especially when they aren't even next to our fans. Sitting singing about Sunderland for 90 minutes man. If I was arrogant I'd be saying we must be massive if every club does nowt but sing about us.

Was surprised to read about the bother yesterday, as despite the pain Charlton have caused us over the years, I’ve always found your fans to be absolutely spot on.

After the Most recent Wembley defeat, the pub we drank in on the night was half and half and there was not a bit of bother. Can’t say that about a lot of fans up and down the country, especially as only a couple of months earlier, Pompey were absolute arseholes in the same situation.

Like others have said, there’s always a few wankers, and we had ours yesterday too. By the sounds two good sets of fans being let down by arseholes mate.

Read this board, and you’ll see where the wrong is on our side, hopefully the club do something to help cut it out, but in a nutshell it’s young lads, trying to be big and clever chucking beer about cos they think it’s cool.

Good luck for the rest of the season, if we do fuck up autos, and you somehow turn it around again, can we please just have one play off win, without your lot ruining it.

Agree with this. I've always had a lot of time for Charlton fans but must admit I get sick of hearing the same shite chants (Sunderland's a shithole, cry on the tele, fuck off Adam Johnson, now everyone including some of our knackers have a version of the "on a bender, sex offender" chant etc). Seems like they all hear a crap song on social media and, as they have no originality, all repeat it ad nauseum. Might just be me, but when I go to an away game I'm sure it's 90% Sunderland songs, maybe the odd mag song. Very rare to bother singing about the opposition, but every club that comes here bores us to death with the same old chants. Just seems weird, especially when they aren't even next to our fans. Sitting singing about Sunderland for 90 minutes man. If I was arrogant I'd be saying we must be massive if every club does nowt but sing about us.
Not forgetting the obligatory “Is this a library?” and the irony of “Your support is fkng shit” sung to almost 32k watching a League One game.

Agree with this. I've always had a lot of time for Charlton fans but must admit I get sick of hearing the same shite chants (Sunderland's a shithole, cry on the tele, fuck off Adam Johnson, now everyone including some of our knackers have a version of the "on a bender, sex offender" chant etc). Seems like they all hear a crap song on social media and, as they have no originality, all repeat it ad nauseum.
@NickAddicks was yesterday your lot's first run out for this one?

@NickAddicks was yesterday your lot's first run out for this one?
Further to that I'd be genuinely interested to know if they always spend a good portion of the time at the match singing about the opposition, or if it's only when they play Sunderland. I mean, I genuinely wouldn't know what to sing to Cheltenham, Rotherham, Plymouth and the likes, wonder if they have songs about them whenever they visit, or whether teams just do it when they play us

Great stuff, what did you think of the Isis? I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. Also, did you manage to get down to the beach?

Great story and never has any bother, think most times we've been beaten by Charlton we deserved it and your fans wanted it more on those occasions too.

That said, the game yesterday felt custom made to wind people up. Shit refereeing and utterly relentless shithousery but a sour taste in the mouth. You have to laugh I suppose but I don't think I've seen a team run down the clock in such a shameless manner since we went down.
Keep asking myself whether I'd like it if we won that way. Probably.

Great stuff, what did you think of the Isis? I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. Also, did you manage to get down to the beach?
Isis was great , they even allowed us to get a take away from next door and eat it in the pub. We had a walk down to ' Old Sunderland ' Saturday morning and searched out a bit of local history , didn't quite make the beach as the Dun Cow was calling.

Back