Charlton Athletic

Goalkeeper Dillon Phillips , Bonne forward and Alfie Doherty are the 3 that are worth dosh. Doherty is going to be a very good player , another one from the academy as is Phillips. Bonne was probably playing above his level last season but still scored double figures , came from non league and expected to do well this season.
If all these players leave right at end of window then whoever plays you before has been unfortunate. Similar situation at wigan.

How have Aneke and Oztumer been for you?
I know the former has been injured a lot and you haven't had the latter for long. I'm guessing Championship is a bit above their level, they're both very good League 1 players though (as is Gilbey, very good signing that).
Spot on , both good division one players but not up to Championship standard. Expecting both to be getting more game time this season
If all these players leave right at end of window then whoever plays you before has been unfortunate. Similar situation at wigan.
Yes , at the moment I would expect to challenge for a play off spot , but now a sale has been blocked we will be weakening rather than strengthening. The embargo we are under allows us to only sign players on £1,300 a week max , which rules out most of the signings the club had lined up.

Last edited:
Spot on , both good division one players but not up to Championship standard. Expecting both to be getting more game time this season

Yes , at the moment I would expect to challenge for a play off spot , but now a sale has been blocked we will be weakening rather than strengthening. The embargo we are under allows us to only sign players on £1,300 a week max , which rules out most of the signings the club had lined up.
Was Gilbey under that then?!

Goalkeeper Dillon Phillips , Bonne forward and Alfie Doherty are the 3 that are worth dosh. Doherty is going to be a very good player , another one from the academy as is Phillips. Bonne was probably playing above his level last season but still scored double figures , came from non league and expected to do well this season.
Doughty looks like he could be the real deal. Old style winger with pace.

It's a shambles , two groups of crooks in a court case over which group owns the club. The court kick the can down the road with their non decision. The wealthy guy , Thomas Sandgaard who wants to buy the club doesn't know which group to deal with. 4 or 5 players were lined up to sign if the court made a decision , including Adam Matthews and Lynch ( both ex Sunderland ). We now won't get a decision until November so this season is pretty much a write off. We will be selling rather than strengthening.
A bloody disgrace.

I hope Charlton supporters can get this mess resolved.

They say it's darkest before the dawn well after yesterdays low I'm hearing our transfer embargo will be lifted this week. We've just missed out on Bale but by the time we play SAFC we should have some new additions :lol:

Back