Charlie Wyke...

There’s a Q&A with Parky on YouTube where he says pretty much this. He says Wyke has scored most of his goals from good quality crosses into the box so let’s try and give him this.

He also says we need to be better without the ball in terms of shape and work rate.

I‘m sceptical of his appointment, but it’s nice to see he’s identified a couple of our weaknesses straight away.
Got no chance of that with Mcgeady on the left cutting in all the time and checking back need wingers playing on their correct foot

Would say the inside forward would benefit more than Wyke
Money on McNulty after reading that.
"Sunderland striker Marc McNulty has either scored or assisted in each of his four league games against Wycombe, netting three goals in his last two games against the Chairboys (three goals, two assists). "

There’s a Q&A with Parky on YouTube where he says pretty much this. He says Wyke has scored most of his goals from good quality crosses into the box so let’s try and give him this.

He also says we need to be better without the ball in terms of shape and work rate.

I‘m sceptical of his appointment, but it’s nice to see he’s identified a couple of our weaknesses straight away.
Well, they are glaringly obvious.

And you don't think our wide men were attempting to get balls into the box? How come Wyke never gets on the end of corners? That lad isn't going to all of a sudden turn into a prolific goalscorer over night. I'm beginning to think his time at Bradford was an anomaly.

Aye I saw that. Seems to be a little more specific than JR, although I didn’t watch a lot of his interviews

Got no chance of that with Mcgeady on the left cutting in all the time and checking back need wingers playing on their correct foot
If the full backs overlap that’s not so much of an issue.
And you don't think our wide men were attempting to get balls into the box? How come Wyke never gets on the end of corners? That lad isn't going to all of a sudden turn into a prolific goalscorer over night. I'm beginning to think his time at Bradford was an anomaly.
I agree, but I never heard Ross talk about playing to Wykes or Griggs strengths to get the best out of them. A lot of the time our build up play was patient passes around the box allowing the forwards to be marked. Be interesting to see if getting in it the box a little quicker has any effect.

If the full backs overlap that’s not so much of an issue.

I agree, but I never heard Ross talk about playing to Wykes or Griggs strengths to get the best out of them. A lot of the time our build up play was patient passes around the box allowing the forwards to be marked. Be interesting to see if getting in it the box a little quicker has any effect.
it is when its leaving gaping holes behind them as mcgeady also doesn't defend, there is a world of difference between a winger getting the ball in attacking positions than a fullback unless you have cafu

Back