Charlie Wyke at Bradford

We just need to stop pissing about and get closer to their valuation. More time with inferior bids will allow club's from a higher league to get in and an auction to happen. If we just offered closer to their valuation first time, this deal would have been done by now. Offering low ball figures could actually cost us more here.

We just need to stop pissing about and get closer to their valuation. More time with inferior bids will allow club's from a higher league to get in and an auction to happen. If we just offered closer to their valuation first time, this deal would have been done by now. Offering low ball figures could actually cost us more here.

Totally agree, the season starts soon, just got 9 mill through the door, if this is our main target, just get him in.

Isn't that what we did with Ndong, Oviedo etc. Aren't we trying to change how we do business?

Would rather be be sensible with our bids and offer what we consider to be fair,chucking OTT bids in hasn’t done us any favours in the past

There is sensible and there is lowballing. If another club comes in and offers closer to what they want, less than a million. We could lose him. We obviously want him. Offering 300k initially is an absolute pisstake. Time is escaping and we are not only giving other clubs a chance to steal our main targets but not improving the squad as the season draws closer.

Isn't that what we did with Ndong, Oviedo etc. Aren't we trying to change how we do business?

See above

There is sensible and there is lowballing. If another club comes in and offers closer to what they want, less than a million. We could lose him. We obviously want him. Offering 300k initially is an absolute pisstake. Time is escaping and we are not only giving other clubs a chance to steal our main targets but not improving the squad as the season draws closer.

See above

Any proof it was £300k?

Any proof it was £300k?

I was told 300k then 600k incentives and said on here it was rejected yday. The journos are now going with the same. Hopefully we increase it and get this done. For what it's worth, I think he would be a very good signing for us in this league.

Am sure Donald will be on ye old twitter to clarify the deal/offer in some capacity.

Also says “there’s a deal there to be done”in other words Bradford want to move him on

Because the player wants to come to us. They have already got his replacement in but they want a fair price .

I was told 300k then 600k incentives and said on here it was rejected yday. The journos are now going with the same. Hopefully we increase it and get this done. For what it's worth, I think he would be a very good signing for us in this league.

Am sure Donald will be on ye old twitter to clarify the deal/offer in some capacity.

Because the player wants to come to us. They have already got his replacement in but they want a fair price .

Fair enough... if we get Wyke, Eisa & Evans though that is going to be close to £3m and we still need 2 centre halves as a bare minimum so whilst i tend to agree we need to get these deals done quicker i'm not so sure we can afford to go in with higher bids at first as we need to save as much cash as poss for other areas too.

Oviedo & Ndong close to an exit massively helps now of course though.

Fair enough... if we get Wyke, Eisa & Evans though that is going to be close to £3m and we still need 2 centre halves as a bare minimum so whilst i tend to agree we need to get these deals done quicker i'm not so sure we can afford to go in with higher bids at first as we need to save as much cash as poss for other areas too.

Oviedo & Ndong close to an exit massively helps now of course though.

It does mate.

We need to get a move on. All for negotiations but they have to start at a realistic standpoint

See above

Aye we should have went straight in with £5m

See. This is why this place is in the dumps. At what point is a reply like this warranted.

Sorry mate, never realised it was your way or the highway.........

On average the last 4 teams to get promoted spent £1m to get promoted or whatever it was, but your hissy fit must be obeyed......

Any idea on what they value him at?

Back