Charlie Brooker's Antiviral Wipe

Philomena Cunk is much better when relegated to spots of a few minutes at a time. I noticed that this episode's expert she was interviewing was dryly playing along with her rather than being befuddled by her questions.

I think that's increasingly going to be the case for her as more and more of the experts she interviews recognise her. It probably gives the character a shelf life (similar to Dennis Pennis and Sacha Baron Cohen's characters).
Singing happy birthday twice :lol:

I think that was the thing I laughed at most.

Liked the point about how with Brexit we'd be able to take back control and get rid of the foreign / cheap labour (eg. nurses) as we wouldn't need them (can't remember the exact line) but quite poignant.

That Cunk line at the end about how there’s more water in a tap than what you’d think had me in stitches.
I loved the self congratulationary smile when the boffin told her one of her questions was a good one. Diane Morgan is wonderful but in small doses. Any more and the Cunk character becomes annoying - she probably just plays the part too well for me.

I loved the self congratulationary smile when the boffin told her one of her questions was a good one. Diane Morgan is wonderful but in small doses. Any more and the Cunk character becomes annoying - she probably just plays the part too well for me.

That was great like.

I never bothered with any of the Cunk stuff other than the wipes tbh, I don’t think I’d enjoy a full show of it.

Would you shag her?

Aye likewise, especially in After Life. No idea why though

She's very good in Motherhood, and was very funny (imo) in her podcast interview by Adam Buxton.

Actually totally recommend his podcast, hit and miss depending on the guest.
Charlie Brooker and Chris Morris were excellent, while Matt Berry was disapointing for eg.
Brooker must have said c*nts in his interview about a thousand times.

She's excellent in an ensemble cast or in a supporting role.

Back