Charity Bags

Tommasi

Striker
I don't think I've ever put them outside and the charity actually picked them up, every f***ing time they sit out all day and you end up bringing them back in, half the time sodding wet after its pissed down. What's the point? Sorry rant over :lol:

What's worse is when they take bags that aren't even for them. My mate had dropped three bin bags of washing at his mam's house before work one day. He'd left them on the step as it was early. Just happened to be the day that the charity collectors were visiting.

What's worse is when they take bags that aren't even for them. My mate had dropped three bin bags of washing at his mam's house before work one day. He'd left them on the step as it was early. Just happened to be the day that the charity collectors were visiting.
Did they wash the clothes for him?

Why doesn't your mate wash his own clothes to prevent such things?

Check the small print on the ones that come through the door. A number of them are profit making companies who only give a tiny amount to charity. I either put stuff in charity collection bins or take it to the shop myself so at least I know they will get the full benefit from stuff.

Check the small print on the ones that come through the door. A number of them are profit making companies who only give a tiny amount to charity. I either put stuff in charity collection bins or take it to the shop myself so at least I know they will get the full benefit from stuff.
^ knows ^

Just use them as bin bags and take your stuff straight to the charity.

They still won’t get the full benefit. There was something on TV a while back about this and only about 17p per £1 actually goes to the charity, the rest is absorbed in the costs of running the store.

I don't think I've ever had a charity bag come through the front door, bizarrely.

There are charity clothes bins up the road so everyone just seems to use them.

We get loads , 99% of them are for profit making companies. I just use them for bin bags and take stuff to the hospice charity shop .

Back