Channel 4 to create “national HQ” outside London

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date
They’ve been in Salford a while now. I think the Breakfast show also comes from there and a lot of 5Live
BBC Sport, children's, radio 3 and 5 live all have their HQ at Media city in Salford. What used to be Granada TV (now just ITV) are there as well including the Coronation Street set. I reckon Channel 4 will go there or maybe even Liverpool waterfront.

Some Channel 4 programmes such as Countdown are already filmed at the Media City Dock 10 studios

Chan 4 moving to Birmingham has been on the cards for the last couple of years. Birmingham is touting heavily to bring national HQ's to the city, HSBC is opening this year and there's a big push to get more to follow as HS2 gets closer.

Not true. The whole of BBC Sport is in Manchester, about the same journey time from London as Durham.

2 hours (to become 90 minutes after HS2) versus nearly 3 hours. Not quite the same, plus they run every 20 minutes.

North West news speculated the other day that Liverpool Albert Dock is favourite.

Get fucked
My thread title perfectly summed up the point of my thread
There’s hundreds of possible subject matters could have that thread title which is my point. Posters with an interest in the threads subject matter may well not click on it for that reason.

Back