Changing your life

Rarely post on here anymore.. poster formerly known as littlerobbieh and slow joe but wanted to make a post that might inspire others who are in a bad place. Had bad depression all my life, always hated myself, been overweight and other stuff. Decided in Sept to try to turn my life around, weighed 16 stone 10 and was as low in morale as I could be. Took 7 months off the alcohol, trained, ate better, looked after myself. Now I currently weigh 11 stone 6 and wanting to get down to about 10 stone 8. Not only that my mental health and confidence is amazing, I feel and look like a different person, regularly running 15-20 miles about 4 or 5 times a week. It’s so liberating actually liking yourself and thinking you have a purpose in life, being able to do stuff with my son and chatting to people not trying to hide in my shell. I’m 41 now and have my whole life ahead of me, met a great lass who I’m only mates with but hopefully it might lead somewhere. Life is good. Had some great times on here in the past, some lovely people who post on here. Hope everyone is well.
Absolutely superb that, has made my morning. Well done you.

Rarely post on here anymore.. poster formerly known as littlerobbieh and slow joe but wanted to make a post that might inspire others who are in a bad place. Had bad depression all my life, always hated myself, been overweight and other stuff. Decided in Sept to try to turn my life around, weighed 16 stone 10 and was as low in morale as I could be. Took 7 months off the alcohol, trained, ate better, looked after myself. Now I currently weigh 11 stone 6 and wanting to get down to about 10 stone 8. Not only that my mental health and confidence is amazing, I feel and look like a different person, regularly running 15-20 miles about 4 or 5 times a week. It’s so liberating actually liking yourself and thinking you have a purpose in life, being able to do stuff with my son and chatting to people not trying to hide in my shell. I’m 41 now and have my whole life ahead of me, met a great lass who I’m only mates with but hopefully it might lead somewhere. Life is good. Had some great times on here in the past, some lovely people who post on here. Hope everyone is well.

Refreshing to hear some good news and someone sounding positive on here.
Well done sounds like you are so happy now, great post.

well done fella and thanks for posting

Well done the OP 👍 been there got the T-shirt.

By gaining self respect we get the respect of others, and that means less barriers which makes for a much better world. There is no meaning to life, but as the OP states, there is purpose, so why trash your life and others by ignoring that purpose.

One life...be nice to yourself, a few disciplnes, grudges are cancerous and serve no purpose.

Life will never be perfect, but embracing that chaos is the key to our mental stability.

Well done the OP 👍 been there got the T-shirt.

By gaining self respect we get the respect of others, and that means less barriers which makes for a much better world. There is no meaning to life, but as the OP states, there is purpose, so why trash your life and others by ignoring that purpose.

One life...be nice to yourself, a few disciplnes, grudges are cancerous and serve no purpose.

Life will never be perfect, but embracing that chaos is the key to our mental stability.

Ah, Grasshopper.

Tremendous effort that Joe. Well done. Would love to be able to run 15-20 miles but at 65 the mind is willing and the knees won't have it. Five is about my limit now. Do you run on or off road?
On mate, just round the streets of north Tyneside. I ran from Whitley bay to the stadium of light last month, 17 mile through the ped tunnel, was a tough one that cause it’s pretty much uphill all the way haha. Nice feeling to make it there tho.

On mate, just round the streets of north Tyneside. I ran from Whitley bay to the stadium of light last month, 17 mile through the ped tunnel, was a tough one that cause it’s pretty much uphill all the way haha. Nice feeling to make it there tho.

It's a great achievement Joe. Used to run a lot of distance stuff when I was younger. Always run the trails these days....the sense of serenity when running through the woods is magical. Give it a try if there's any trails nearby. This is where I run these days..

Great post. Keep it going, very well done 👏

I knew it was you.

Back